Idea to remove the glue

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by Manuela Olivares, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Hello to everyone! :inmew:

Please I need some help from you. In one day I saw a forum of paper models (can't remember where wall1), a topic that talked about an idea to remove the glue from blades and tweezers.

I think it was a cork stand where you could stab the blade or tweezers and then stayed clean. But I can't find the topic and I need to know about this. Any idea?
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Well, the cork stand sounds interesting; can't say that I've tried it, however.

I generally just use an old, dull blade to scrape any dried glue off. You can also try soaking in warm water for a few hours, provided you use white glue. :thumb:
  3. bulldogowner

bulldogowner Destroyer of Spam Moderator

I've never tried the cork stand either, but I can recommend a product called un-du adhesive remover...sometimes called goo-be-gone. It removes sticky residue and glue from just about anything...just be careful and use in a well ventilated area...otherwise lights give off a very interesting glow.....
  4. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

I just scrape glue off of tweezers with a chisel edged tool or let if flake off of blades when I run them through a carbide sharpener or steel honing wheels.

5. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Take a look at this link here.
  6. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Look at the 2nd picture from the bottom. Is this what you were talking about Manuela?
  7. Jef

Jef New Member

For cleaning i use alcohol or benzine for lighter :thumb:
  8. Claus

Claus New Member

Aceton or nail polish remover. Both work fine and even remove cyanoacrylate (super glue) and acrylic paint.

9. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Same as Ekuth I generally used to use my cutting blade to scrape glue off tweezers and other tools before I change the blade. When I build anymore though I keep a small glass of hot water next to me and a papertowel to clean off every tool after use, such as knives if I get anything on them or a fine tip paintbrush which I use to apply glue with or edge coloring. The cork thing sounds like a good idea although it would have to be fairly large to prevent it from tipping if you plan on storing knives and such in it.

Welcome to the forums:thumb:
  10. el Leon

el Leon New Member

Pitchwood is used for cleaning twezers, tools, shafts & pins etc.
    Is a wood soft than the cork.

pd: Pitwood stand for cleaning blades and other tools