Idea for next Photo Contest

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
How about putting on a "Halloween Theme" for the next photo contest.

Just put something that is Normally associated with halloween on the platform..

Like Ghosts in a building window.. A "Ghost Train" A pumpkin in a yard??? Or a "Black Cat" sleeping on your scenery. :)

Well what do you think???? We Could run it from 10-1 until 10/20 and pick a "Winner" on the 30th - just in time for Halloween!!! Well???? :) :) :) :)

~~ Mikey (Yes I'll help run it) :D

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Sounds like a good idea. We're taking the Halloween Train on Saturday at the Strasburg Railroad and visiting the Huanted Museum at the RR Museum of PA. I'll have to get my pictures developed fast if this happens.

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by TomPM
Sounds like a good idea. We're taking the Halloween Train on Saturday at the Strasburg Railroad and visiting the Huanted Museum at the RR Museum of PA. I'll have to get my pictures developed fast if this happens.

NOT FAIR!!!!!! :(

I'm not starting my annual Volunteering "Shift" until the 26th :mad: :mad: *&^&^%^$#%$ :mad: :mad:

I helped build the G Gauge layout in the Education Center at The Railroad Museum. I help operate it from the Last Saturday in October until the Last Saturday in March. (Saturdays only) I've been Volunteering there for 10 years now.. :) :) :)

The PA Rennisance Faire ends this weekend, otherwise I'd be at the Museum. Let me know how you like Everything!! :)

~~ Mikey

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
That figures. We were going to go that weekend but I have to go to State College for a users group meeting for a few days earlier in that week and my wife has to conduct orientation for forty new prison guards at Graterford that week and we figure we would be too beat that weekend.

I will post a report. Are you a Friend of the Museum? We have been for several years. My son is such a train nut we had to join. I will make it a point to get out there some Saturday when you are there. My daughter did an operating session on the Playmoble layout right after the Center opened.

BTW How do these photo contest work? Is there a post explaining it for us newbies or should we start one?

I got your email today and I will be emailing you back sometime tonight if I ever get off of here.

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by TomPM
That figures. We were going to go that weekend but I have to go to State College for a users group meeting for a few days earlier in that week and my wife has to conduct orientation for forty new prison guards at Graterford that week and we figure we would be too beat that weekend.

I will post a report. Are you a Friend of the Museum? We have been for several years. My son is such a train nut we had to join. I will make it a point to get out there some Saturday when you are there. My daughter did an operating session on the Playmoble layout right after the Center opened.

BTW How do these photo contest work? Is there a post explaining it for us newbies or should we start one?

I got your email today and I will be emailing you back sometime tonight if I ever get off of here.

Wow Wayyy Tooo Busy!! :) :)

Here's a link to the "Rules forum":

http://www.the-gauge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2501&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

The rules are simple - Like us :) :)

We have a contest every month - we are in our 4th. The 1st is a general layout photo with different themes.

The second is a Prorotype contest - may be themed

The 3rd is a Computer Enhanced Contest - You MUST put in Some kind of special Effect with computer editing.

The 4th - it starts over with 1.. :)
(General Layout) Mostly Shamus has been running them with a little help from me.. :) :) :)

See Ya!! Good Luck!!!! ~~ Mikey