ida for compatision...

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by yaniv, Nov 8, 2006.

1. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hi all

long time since we see the last compatisian
    i miss the pic of the model
    the rush about how will win
    and the good vibe of it

so i think

way we not make a "FREE MODELS COMPATISION"

the only models we can enter this game will be a model from the internet for free
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Free Model Competition.......... good idea.

Must be a "FREE" downloadable model and you MUST provide a link to the model, so everyone can get, if they already haven't.

Lets get some rules going. These are some suggestions I think Yaniv should have the call on what they will be in the end!

1. Must be a FREE model and a link Must be provided so everyone can get it.

2. Can be anything, plane, train, boat, plant, insect, building, etc.... but Must be made from paper.......... yes it can have some wire and other stuff, but must be majority paper.

3. Only one picture per post, it but be no larger than 640 x 480 so the thread doesn't enlarge.

4. Scale must be the original of the model as released...... No Re-sizing....... sorry Texman...... that way people can see what they are going to download and the size of the model.

Others add more, Yaniv, does this sound good so far. It was your idea, and a Dang Good One!

3. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

4. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Is there a time limit?
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Not sure, lets get yaniv back and see.............. I'm thinking first of the year, with all the holidays coming up.

But it's his call, His idea!

6. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hi all

i just got beck form my work and i realy heppy that the ppl here like the ida

jhon thank u for the help and the support looks like me and u will run the compatision (that mean that we can post pic of our models)

no limit time yet till we got all the rulls for this 1

i think the judge need to be in the democracy way

its mean that we make a poll with all the models and all the member here will select the best model thay like

what u think?

any ida for prize?
  7. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

I think this is a great idea!

Also, I think you would need a time limit, and also some rule as to how many (if more than one) each person could post. I think a poll is a good general idea, but I see there is a 10-item limit on polls. My guess would be more than 10 people would participate! ;)

8. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

amm so we make 2 poll?only if the will say its ok to open 2 or 3 poll topic for this

and yes i think that 1 member can post only 1 model
  9. Kaz

Kaz Member

Sounds like a good idea to me, Plus I am about to have a week long break from work...
    And what a good for me not to do the washing up
  10. I'd like to participate. In fact, I already have something in mind to build. The first of the year seems like a good end time to me. I'm pretty new to the forum, and haven't participated in one of these contests before, but my thoughts on the duration of the competition would be that the end shouldn't be too far out into the future. From my work experience, if a project deadline is very generous, serious work always seems to be put off, and when the drop dead date comes near, it's suddely panic time. If the end date is a little more aggressive to begin with, the folks on the project team tend to get to work right away. Also, I think the entry should be something that we've built since the start of the contest - no dragging out old builds. Just my two cents on the matter.
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK Guys..........

Me and Yaniv are working on this............. we'll get it finalized and let ya'll know............real soon.

It's going to happen so everyone who wants to, can get started.

For now.............

1.................. It must be a free internet model and you must post the link. It can be anything modeled from paper. (Planes, building, trains, cars , ships, animal, mineral, or vegatable........)

2.................. One (1) entry per person

3.................. Model must be in original release scale and colors. No re-sizing or re-coloring. We want everyone to see what they will be getting if they download it.

4................. Only 1 picture posted per model, MUST be scaled to as close to, BUT not larger than 640 x480.

There will be more rules, but this should allow everyone to get started.

I'm working on prizes, so we can make this interesting!

Thanks again Yaniv for the GREAT IDEA!

12. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

rockpapaer i like your ida but how we can realy know that the model bult on the contast time?

thanks for john for helping making this compatition more esey and more powerfall :)

we tray to work on some prize right now (more john not me) for the first 3 members that win

if we not got some i thin i will gave 1 of my original models as prize but only for first place
  13. Yaniv, if you and John decide that it will be a rule that the models must be built after the start date, it'll have to be a matter of trust. If someone posts a model and states that it was built after the contest start date, well, that's good enough for me. Of course, if it's decided not to put that restriction on entries, then it's a moot point anyway. Even though I have several free downloads already completed, mine is definitely gonna be a new build.

14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well there are defintely some sneaky people here that would try to use an old model - NOT! heh heh I think this is a great idea and if I get my current build done soon I will join in :)
  15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Well............. I have to believe everyone here is honest, and I really do.

If it is a model that was done a while a go well so be it. I would like this to be fun.............. so as long as there are not pictures of the build before going into this contest, you are right we have no way to know.

I think it would be nice if everyone started with a new one. So any models that have been pictured before today are not eligible, if you have a build that has not been shown before it is ok to count. BUT remember you only get on entry and one picture, so if you post an older entry and then build a better one........... sorry it won't count and the first entry will be it.

So starting today right now this very minute, as soon as this is posted ............. everyone "GO". The contest is on.

16. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Rule 5

The model entered must not have been shown publically before the trime stamp in the last post.

Post #15 1:00 pm my time

17. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

This is really going to be fun.

We are going to have some great judges, with building and designing experience. And I'm still waiting to hear from some others I contacted.

Rule 6

The judges decisions on the selections for the site vote will be final. No arguments.

Rule 7

The finalist list will be posted and members will be allowed to vote for the winner from this list. It will be like a poll and one vote per member. In the event of a tie the Judges will have final say so on the winner. And their decision will be final.

When all the rules have been decided on I will list them in one thread.8)

But the main idea for this is FUN and FREE!

Yaniv is working on a website to host pictures of the entries and anyone wishing to help him please PM him. ANY help will be appreciated.

SO............. start surfing, downloading and building. Don't forget to get the link to the site where you got the model!:grin:

18. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

So, just to clarify, if I'm "in progress" right now, and finish in a couple weeks, that's OK, right? In this case I've never posted a picture mid-assembly, but what if someone has shown construction photos?

19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yes............... as long as no picture of it exist publicly before that time stamp.

Construction pictures would not disqualify it, as long as a final completed picture of the model has not been posted before the afore mentioned time stamp, it will be allowed.

Heck I want this to be fun, and get a lot of folks (old and new) building. I think it will be neat and educational for all on the site!

Also check out the thread I did for the competition in the Competion Forum.

Also I'm working on some prizes for the finalist, it will be fun.

20. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i all i start work on the web page for the site

some one can please help me making some basic bunner or some cool grapic pic for it?only somthing very sempel