IBG Models - Gus is back home

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by shrike, Oct 14, 2004.

  1. shrike

    shrike Guest

    Gus is back home! Somewhat worse for wear, but home again. He's got a torn up leg with lots of stitches and some bruised ribs, but the doctor didn't find any major internal injuries. A few nasty facial abrasions and cuts and, to add insult to injury, he lost most of the whiskers on one side of his face.

    He's recovering quickly enough to put up a fight over getting his meds, but a treat usually makes it all better (Imagine Julie Andrews singing, "A spoooonful of tuuunaaa makes the med'cine go down....") He asked for his toy mousie - but soon discovered that it was way too much effort to actually get up and play with it.

    I'd like to extend our deepest thanks to all of his well wishers. I knew the card modelling community was a good group of folks, but the outpouring of sympathy and caring for the wee beastie has been surprising, overwhelming and more than a little humbling.

    Thank you all again

  2. Loco-S

    Loco-S New Member

    Yikes, nice to hear your cat is doing good, I have a Bunny ( Nederland dwarf rabbit) and it would kill me if something like that happened, cheer up and I hope the little guy gets better soon.
  3. Renaud

    Renaud Member

    Gus and others

    Some four years ago, a superb grey cat used to pay me a visit, around midnight, and before he played with me or watched TV (the cat and me), had a walk, about 1/2 hour time in my house, from top to bottom, as if it were an explorer. It was in the summer, the windows were opened, and he used to stare at me for a while, standing on the window sill before he stepped forward. In the end, before he was leaving, he was standing in the same place, watching outside cars passing by.
    Where has he gone now?
  4. cecil_severs

    cecil_severs Member

    Last January we had a bad scare with our youngest but largest grey cat "Hayduke". He became listless and would not eat. We spent a week carrying him to to vet's office each morning for IV's and antibiotics and then back home each night. We still don't know what it was but he finally pulled through. Now he greets me every evening with a spirited round of fussing. Music to my ears.


Share This Page