Iam new i need alot of help

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by terrell1902, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrell1902

terrell1902 New Member

I have an Associated RC10 GT rtr plus i just got it about two weeks ago it runs fine. but when i want to use the brakes it will not hold. say like when the car is just siting there i hold the brake but it do not stay. And when iam about 20 feet form the car it will run by it self till it hit something. can anyone help
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

do you have a failsafe? if not you should get one. it might run by itself becasue of interference
  3. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

also for the break not working you might need to tighten the linkages. Also check to see if there is any oil on the break pad this will also amek the break not stop. Check your reciver batteries and the controler batteries.
  4. redheat

redheat Member

Fail safe for sure also check the brake adopter , on rtr GT they are plastic and wear very fast, there is a metal one that AE makes that works great. The brake adopter is located on the slipper that slides on to the top shaft off the tranny.
  5. jackal575

jackal575 Member

you might have to adjust your idle stop screw aswell. idle might be too high
  6. redheat

redheat Member

Good point, I'd do a visual , The brake system is not the best there is fading on the stock set up. I'm sure that your problem is a combination of brake adaptor, and adjustment, what is your idle setting does it idle high?
  7. terrell1902

terrell1902 New Member

the idle is at stock set up. the brakes will just will not hold at all. but when i run the car at full speed then bring it to a stop it takes a long time to slow it down
  8. redheat

redheat Member

Well what did you find out after going over your gt? where you able to check all the brake componits?
  9. terrell1902

terrell1902 New Member

yes i got it to work thanks. but what kind of faster engine can i put on the gt.
  10. redheat

redheat Member

Terrell , did you remove the restrictor from the throat of your carb. yet? It's the plastic piece , just pull it out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.