I would like to see available in On30

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Dan Vincent, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Dan Vincent

Dan Vincent Member

All of the Rio Grande Southern "Galloping Goose" models and a few Camelback locos.

Bachmann, are you listening? I think the "Goose" fleet is right up your alley and you could even do a parallel line-up of On3 Geese for the scale guys.

Those "Goose" models are great for really small layouts and you can build an entire railroad around them.

Those "Geese" can be addictive. If some company, like Bachmann, was to make the entire fleet, I would have to get them all.
  2. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Everyone Likes Geese...Don't They?

I've always wondered why we've never seen a mass market-type Goose, in any scale. (At least, none that I know of...) I should think that they'd sell really well, even to non narrow gaugers...just because of the overall "funk-factor". Oboy...to have a few of those babies...sigh...:cool:
  3. Dan Vincent

Dan Vincent Member

I think Con-Cor did the #5 in HO. I've seen ads but I have no idea if it was done years ago or is it something new. It slipped by me somehow. I've never seen a magazine "Road Test."
  4. Dan Vincent

Dan Vincent Member

5. Johnson Bar

Johnson Bar Member

OH Man there is an On3 goose on consignment at the local hobby shop, Its a good thing its behind glass because if I touched it I would have to take it home. On3 , wonder how much trouble that would be to convert to On3O?;)
  6. Dan Vincent

Dan Vincent Member

Johnson Bar,

Grandt Line made a plastic On3 model of the Goose #6 truck that looks very nice when finished.

You can do an internet search on "grant line goose #6" and turn up a few. It's a high quality model.

There was at least one in brass in Sn3 and On3 and several in HOn3 by Balboa and Lambert.

Sadly, I've never owned a Goose model in any scale but I have new hope with On3. I believe the potential is there if we can just convince a maker how many model railroaders would love to have their own Goose..or even a fleet of them.