I would like to make some tank...

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by blackarrow, Dec 3, 2008.

1. blackarrow

blackarrow New Member

hello everybody :)

i really love this forum and i am here very often, watching what are you doing and i can say - this is amazing! all of the stuff you did are very good and i enjoyed seeing them.

i am 18 years old and for now, i only made two paper models. my father is a pilot so i made two aviation models for him. they are ww2 german v1 flying bomb and v2 rocket ( http://www.currell.net/models/v1.htm and http://www.currell.net/models/v2.htm ).

now i am really interested in armor. i would like to build some vehicle...

1. i would like to build some ww2 german tank. what kind of tank do you recommend to me to build? i am not professional, but i have some experience with modeling. i would like to make some bigger model, because it is hard to me to work with some very small parts for now.

2. i think that i have little problems with paper. first of all, i can't buy here some model kit of paper but i can download some from the internet in .pdf format. second, i don't know what kind of paper to use when i am printing the schemes because here we have g/m2 standard. for example, standard printing paper is here 80 g/m2. so, please help me with these things.

thank you in advance!
  2. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

There's a great semi-detailed tiger tank here: http://daisenryaku.sega.jp/dengeki/papercraft.html and it's free, too! I've built it and recommend some fairly heavy card for everything but the barrel. I used 110lb cardstock...don't know what that is in g/m2, sorry.
  3. blackarrow

blackarrow New Member

i think that 110lb is 200 gsm, but i am not sure...

anyway, model of tiger is good, but it is in japanese i think so i can't understand some things and also there is some numbers and letters on model in japanese.

anyway, any other recommend?
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

5. pahorace

pahorace Member

6. blackarrow

blackarrow New Member

7. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

8. charliec

charliec Active Member

The armour models that used to be on models.icegroup.ru - T-70, T-26 and Su-76 (all 1/25) can be found at archive.org - PM me if you can't dig them out.

There used to be a 1/25 M5A1 Stuart available - ask if you want a copy - this is at least as good as commercial models and not an easy build.

I've got a 1/25 Panther Ausf D somewhere - it was on a site (tanks2scale) that's long gone.

The papermodel-bg KV-2 is a good model - I built it for one of the competitions on this this forum (Freemodel #4?).

For most models 160 gsm is about right. 200 gsm is useful for parts needing a bit more stiffness. I don't know where you are located so I can't make any comment on where you can buy cardstock.

I'd suggest not leaping into building a complex AFV model - these models will test your patience - not good if you're trying to learn the building techniques at the same time. I'd start with something like Nobi's (thaipaperwork) 1/35 armour.

9. blackarrow

blackarrow New Member

i went to some stores and i realized i can buy 80, 120, 160 and 200 gsm paper, so the paper is not problem anymore :)

kv-2 and t-80 tanks are still too difficult for me, i think. maybe not, look at my v2 rocket, you can see on what stage of modeling i am...

10. blackarrow

blackarrow New Member

11. blackarrow

blackarrow New Member

charliec sent me some interesting plans for building tanks, i will check that and try to make something. i am also waiting for t55 tank to make him too.
  12. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

I've build it... twice :mrgreen:
    Send NOBI an email : thaipaperwork[at]gmail[dot]com
    If your are in a big hurry I can send it to you. Just give me a PM with your email address.
  13. blackarrow

blackarrow New Member

ok, thank you for t-55 plan :)

i will start modeling today... i am little afraid because model is very small, but anyway i will upload some progress.