I would like to creat a gallery of my trains, need some help please.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I am very much in favor of making some nice shelving, covenant to my modest layout for train store age

At this time I have not the shelving or space that I would enjoy being able to exhibit many of my favorite and unique train pieces in HO & O gauge.

I was thinking until such time as I do, I might pose them, some of my favorites, and make a photo gallery of them.

Soon would like to display also a number of the engines and cars I would frequently operate and otherwise box and store long term many others that I don't use often.

I am wondering how to make a gallery for this and if many of you would enjoy seeing these from time to time on a modest scale? I do wish I had a better camera with good close up capabilities.

I am gratefully for your input.

When I do secure a space I will build a "rack" type shelf of 3 in pine shelving and attach to the wall.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Hi Gil, just wanted to clarify. Are you asking about using the Gauge Gallery or taking photos for a photo gallery of your own to hang onthe wall by your dispaly shelves? Sorry for the confusion if I'm not getting it!
Ralph

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
No I am sorry Ralph. My fault.

I want to make a gallery anywhere there is such available and from time to time show it or certain pics on line, on my own forum and maybe in my emails.

Like wise have one anyone can view in its entirity.

I have some pics in loaders and some of those aren't compatable with every forum. I log into and a lot of those pics are not of high quality or would be of general interest.

It would also be a good way for me to inventory my goods.

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
gil how about taking the pics and posting them on photobucket. we could see them in full size and I would enjoy seeing them. for now just make a good piece of track (nothing fancy) to photograph them on and later maybe make a nice display case for them

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
I think placieng them in a diaroma is a good idea too.

You have my vote for a diorama. Just a simple one with a couple of trees, some rocks and maybe 1 structure or building is imho the best way to display your rolling stock and take pics to post on the gallery.
Check the Photography subforum. , UP-SD40-2 has a diorama just for that.