I wish they'd make........

Flangehead

By my byline at the bottom of my posts, you all know what I want.
I was wondering what other model railroad items are sought after but don't exist on the market.
Joke answers are acceptable.

brakie

I would love to see a GP39,a Lima 1,000hp switcher,RSD15s, Atlas do their RSD12 in the classic line and would love to see P2K or Atlas do a GP35..:D

shaygetz

A model of Mich-Cal Shay #2 in both oil and wood burning versions for under $150 each. I'll second you on that Centipede, too. Maybe an affordable model of one of the UP's turbine Verandas or U50s? All in HO of course:p

Blake

Did someone say Centipede? I painted a couple of N scale Hallmark ones a while ago. 1 pair for a guy in NJ and another pair for a guy in OK. Here are some pics.

cent1.jpg

cent2.jpg

cent3.jpg

cent4.jpg

pede1.jpg

pede2.jpg

pede3.jpg

Well, maybe some of these have been already available in brass, but I would be happy to see in good quality plastic (Athearn Genesis quality or like) the following:

- Krauss-Maffei in D&RGW (new molds, not the old Rivarossi ones)
- Baldwin RF16 in PRR tuscan with 4 stripes
- Baldwin Centipede (PRR brunswick green?)

...and for mi spanish pike:
- 4-8-4 “Confederación” in RENFE green & black (maybe by Roco?) :D

(If Kato finally manufactures more passenger cars in D&RGW and AT&SF, they would be welcome, too! :p )

ssw_820

I wish Proto 2000 would come out with DCC ready SD40-2T and SD45-2T (SP, Rio Grande,SSW Cotton Belt). I know, Athearn already does. They just do not run like Protos, even after you spend extra bucks and "bucko hours" on them (see my other posting). Why Protos and not Kato's. Protos are more reasonably priced than are Kato's and Stewarts, yet both companies seem to be about equal (at least to me; I have locomotives from both). I have Stewarts, too, and they, too, are expensive. I have NO Intermountains because they are flat out too expensive. A club member has several Intermountains. I've yet to see anything special with them (though he only has F-units). I find that Proto does a very nice job with details and such for the price. If you shop around and look on ebay you can find great deals on them. I do have a Kato Dash 9 and a 90 Mac and they run very nice. Bought the 90 Mac at a show (brand new) for $65 and paid about $50 for the Kato Dash 9 at the same show.

:D

trainworm

we really need:

high quality SD40T-2 and SD45T-2's
MP15AC/MP15DC
B23-7/B30-7/B30-7A/B30-7A(B)/B36-7 (all fit on the same chassis)
FP7/FP9
SW1001
USRA heay and light 2-10-2's

and anything painted in C&EI colors:D

I'd like ...

...a decent running 44 ton unit. The only thing I have seen out there is that crummy running Bachmann Spectrum thing - simply awful.

Since I am fairly new, does a better unit exist? Brass?

DOG