I wanted to become a full citizen of Cardmodels.net

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by jyduchene, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

I have lurked long enough to be called a veteran, however I have not been able to share photo's until now. I have posted several of my Fiddlersgreen pictues in my newly created album. I invite you to take a look and pass on comment, critque and suggestions.

I am in the final stretch of completing a larger build, the Steam Tractor from PMI and will share that when complete. I am pleased to be able to finally put some content on the site howerver crude.

Thanks, John Duchene
  2. jcrespo

jcrespo Member

Don't put yourself down ... what you consider crude is a very good accomplishment. We card modelers love everything done in paper; and if it doesn't turn out as great as we envisioned it, its still fun to build ... and provides us practice for the next one.

Keep up the good work.

3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey man,

You have NOTHING to be ashamed of! I could not........would not show my first attempts! :oops: :oops:

Everybody kept saying................that looks like paper....... :D

But really...........your work looks fantastic and I look forward to some of your future builds!

Welcome to the party! :D

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

Great looking models! I have built a few of them, but never thought the others would look as good as they do, no, you done made me have to go back thru mine and rethink some of the ones I wanna build.

You oughta email chip over at fiddlersgreen with your photos and get them posted there also, those guys love to see completed models of their planes and will post them on their site.

info@fiddlersgreen.net is the email addy I think.

You done real good on those, and by the way, if you make it to the "shores" of cardmodels.net, i think you gain instant citizenship. but we are glad you are no longer "photographically challenged". We look forward to more photos.

have a nice evening,

5. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

hi john,

show pictures (modelling is 3d and you cannot describe it - you can only show it) - show them to beginners as well as to the professionals (so they remember how they started). practice is the only way to have more fun when mastering difficulties.

you may learn even from failures (do not try to make all by your own :wink: ) - nobody is perfect :D

greetings from austria
  6. barry

barry Active Member

Hi John

They are very neat looking models and I would have been happywith them.

Just have fun and show us some more.

7. Gil

Gil Active Member

I have no idea what prompted you to "want" to become a full citizen of cardmodels.net. Most are still trying to escape the epithet..., has something to do with a pesistent mental disorder wherein the sufferer has sporadic but sudden outbursts of creativity followed by small bonfires in the fireplace or back yard. Make sure to post a photo or two before the bonfire...,

Best regards, Gil
  8. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Well, I blame Richard Bach and that seagull of his! I have developed the whole hobby to the point where I can do all the designing, colouring and making in my head, without actually cutting a single piece of paper! So, no nead for photos, no nead for bonfires! And every model is so utterly perfect, it doesn't have to exist anyway!

Sorry, I've had a long week.......

Tim P
  9. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Those are some great looking models John. Please share as much as you can with us. I would prefer looking at pictures of peoples work all day to reading posts. Not to downplay what people have to say, descriptions and questions and reviews are awesome, I just find that pictures can explain things much better than words. Keep building. I remember getting so frustrated when I couldn't make my models turn out the way they did in the picture of someone else's. But, that is what made mine better. Most of it can't be taught but by yourself. You'll learn tricks over time simply from screwing up and then avoiding the mistake next time around.

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us all. I would love to see more of your work when you get the time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.