i want it so bad i can taste it.....

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by ozzy, Oct 11, 2007.

1. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i want the mth texas special BAD! its a nice looking set, but i keep talking myself out of it.

is it worth the money? 650.00, plus another 200.00 for the add on cars = 850.00

i dont have anything MTH yet and know little about them. are MTH to scale? 1:48? or is this set at least?

has anyone have this set or seen it run? if so what do you think about it?
  2. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

MTH is ok. The Rail King series is less detailed and appear to be more like a traditional Lionel. The Premier has more detail and is more to scale.

So you like the color red. :)
  3. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

I did a quick search on the mth texas special to see just what you were talking about. If I were just to have read about it, it sounds pretty neat. Then I looked at the pictures... let's just say that they should probably be looking for a whole bunch of new employees for their marketing department.
  4. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

How about plunking down the money for the DPM buildings you ordered from me, of which I already painted two? ;)
  5. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

you never wrote me back . telling me you was done.

6. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i thought about the lionel texas special, but its 1200.00 and i new it would not be to scale. i did see a Williams one on ebay, it would be to scale and only 300.00 but it only had 4 cars and no B unit. and im sure it has ended by now anyway.

is there anyone else that makes one?
  7. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

ozzy, You can buy that set for less than you listed. Check out Jim's Train Shop.

Welcome to Jim's Train Shop

The F3 A-B-A is listed as Railking Scale, which means it is scale sized but does not have all of the details that Premier models have. The cars are not scale length but look better on tight radius curves than the long ones, in my opinion.

8. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

I painted them, but I'm waiting for you to suggest finishing details for your buildings (Haye's Hardware & Bruce's Bakery)

Would you like painted Ads on the sides of your buildings, or any other details? Send me an E-mail ASAP, ozzy, please! :)