I think we have a problem...

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
I was mindin my own buisness putting up Pt. 4 of my story on the gauge, but when I clicked "post", it took me to a screen saying I wasn't logged in! I had logged in 5 minutes ago! Well, I re-logged in, and it took me to my post alright, but it had a white backround and lookd totaly distorted! I think something on the Gauge isn't funcioning right.

Torpedo

Jan 20, 2007
For what it's worth, for the last day and a half the auto login to to The Gauge has only been working on and off for me. It may be related to what you are experiencing, although I haven't had any posting issues.

I haven't diddled with the cookies or any browser settings, and my auto logins to other boards have been 100%.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Other than being a bit slow, I haven't seen any problems logging in. Occasionally, the page I want doesn't load, and I have to go somewhere else, before returning, at which time the page comes up.
We are looking to change servers, so bear with us....it's the price of getting heavily populated :wave:

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
I had a problem a while back where when I tried to log in and it said my account was suspended,I was surprised to say the least.

Chris

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
CRed said:
I had a problem a while back where when I tried to log in and it said my account was suspended,I was surprised to say the least.

Chris
Sorry about that, these are really strange problems. I normally don't log off so I wouldn't notice them. Pete is right, we are suffering from a case of "glotus Maximus", or an overloaded server so I guess you can figure just about anything can happen, and usually does.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seaboard

Dec 14, 2006
Conyers GA.
CNWman said:
I was mindin my own buisness putting up Pt. 4 of my story on the gauge, but when I clicked "post", it took me to a screen saying I wasn't logged in! I had logged in 5 minutes ago! Well, I re-logged in, and it took me to my post alright, but it had a white backround and lookd totaly distorted! I think something on the Gauge isn't funcioning right.

Yea thats happened to me more than once on the gauge, So heres what I do: If your going to type something long, do it in Microsoft word and once your done just copy it, go to "Post" and paste it in there.
Hope this helps:thumb:

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
ezdays said:
Sorry about that, these are really strange problems. I normally don't log off so I wouldn't notice them. Pete is right, we are suffering from a case of "glotus Maximus", or an overloaded server so I guess you can figure just about anything can happen, and usually does.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No biggie,it just surprised me a little.I was wondering what the heck I did wrong!Heh

I understand the server problem,I've seen enough of those on the upteen forums I belong to also.

Chris

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
RR Man said:
Yea thats happened to me more than once on the gauge, So heres what I do: If your going to type something long, do it in Microsoft word and once your done just copy it, go to "Post" and paste it in there.
Hope this helps:thumb:

The entire story is on a Word document. I've been doing exactly what you have just described when it comes to posting that story!

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
yes, I have been having issues with it logging me out, failing to post, and being slow. Thats sort of why I havent been on much. oh well... :) There's always issues with growth!

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
I guess that explains why I kept getting logged out whenever I tried to PM one of the members of this forum.:curse:

And all this time, I thought I was very boring.:D

I guess patience is the best approach here.