I think we have a problem...

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by CNWman, Feb 13, 2007.

1. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

I was mindin my own buisness putting up Pt. 4 of my story on the gauge, but when I clicked "post", it took me to a screen saying I wasn't logged in! I had logged in 5 minutes ago! Well, I re-logged in, and it took me to my post alright, but it had a white backround and lookd totaly distorted! I think something on the Gauge isn't funcioning right.
  2. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

you probably got the new "look" of The Gauge. Scroll way down to the bottom and choose the Classic view.
  3. Torpedo

Torpedo Member

For what it's worth, for the last day and a half the auto login to to The Gauge has only been working on and off for me. It may be related to what you are experiencing, although I haven't had any posting issues.

I haven't diddled with the cookies or any browser settings, and my auto logins to other boards have been 100%.
  4. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Other than being a bit slow, I haven't seen any problems logging in. Occasionally, the page I want doesn't load, and I have to go somewhere else, before returning, at which time the page comes up.
    We are looking to change servers, so bear with us....it's the price of getting heavily populated :wave:
  5. CRed

CRed Member

I had a problem a while back where when I tried to log in and it said my account was suspended,I was surprised to say the least.

6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Sorry about that, these are really strange problems. I normally don't log off so I wouldn't notice them. Pete is right, we are suffering from a case of "glotus Maximus", or an overloaded server so I guess you can figure just about anything can happen, and usually does.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  7. Seaboard

Seaboard Member

Yea thats happened to me more than once on the gauge, So heres what I do: If your going to type something long, do it in Microsoft word and once your done just copy it, go to "Post" and paste it in there.
    Hope this helps:thumb:
  8. CRed

CRed Member

No biggie,it just surprised me a little.I was wondering what the heck I did wrong!Heh

I understand the server problem,I've seen enough of those on the upteen forums I belong to also.

9. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

The entire story is on a Word document. I've been doing exactly what you have just described when it comes to posting that story!
  10. hiscopilot

hiscopilot Member

yes, I have been having issues with it logging me out, failing to post, and being slow. Thats sort of why I havent been on much. oh well... :) There's always issues with growth!
  11. MadModeler

MadModeler Member

I guess that explains why I kept getting logged out whenever I tried to PM one of the members of this forum.:curse:

And all this time, I thought I was very boring.:D

I guess patience is the best approach here.