I think I need a new knife

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by BARX2, Feb 13, 2007.

1. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I have the 2000 as well. The only complaint I would have would be the fact that the center joint (on mine) flexes a bit (probably less than 1 degree). The first time it did this, it kinda suprised me, but it stays at that shape and causes no problems at all...

It is bery comfortable to use, even with big hands, and the bump where a pocket clip would be on a pen keeps it from rolling away...

2. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I haven't had that problem with the center joint (yet). I screw it down as tight as I can. How long have you had yours?
  3. shrike

shrike Guest

Hasn'r been a problem with mine either. Could be you just got a bad one? I've found the occasional burr on the screws in Xacto knives, Might just need a little attention there.
  4. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

I use no knife at all 8)
  5. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

current setup

I just got an x-acto xl2000 grip and some of thier #11 blades, works nicely.
  6. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I've had mine abot a week or so. Just my luck to get a lemon... :)

But like I said, it hasn't affected the performance or comfort of the knife in the least....
  7. BARX2

BARX2 Member

If that happened to me I'd take it back to the store where I got it and swap it for another one. :)
  8. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

If it had cost me more than 5 bucks, I'd take it back too. But considering how minor this "flaw" is, on an otherwise fine tool, it'd cost me more in time and gas than the tool itself....