I Think I May have To Get Bought Out Again.

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Cannonball, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

The only BNSF locos I can find in O/O27 are Lionel, RMT and Williams.
    Lionel's costs $400.00 and has a min curve of O31.
    The Beep is the wrong color scheme and so is the Williams.
    Dangit.... I want to do orange and black BNSF mixed with a little of the old black and green Burlington Northern... why it that so hard?

:mad: :curse: :mad:

Attached Files:

2. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

so paint it yourself
  3. Cannonball

That would be like a monkey trying to paint the Sistine Chapel. LOL
    I've thought about doing it if I could find the right engine to work with though.
    If I could get the handrails off the Beeps without breaking them, I could mask off the orange and just do the green parts in black. That would still leave the lettering to contend with though.

Or I could just be content with the orange and green.
    I've gotta start getting more BN and BNSF freight/coal/tanker cars though.
    At least enough for one decent pull.
    Right now I have one BN..... I've got a long way to go.
  4. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Switch to HO or N :p Paiting shouldn't be that hard on that scale...
  5. Cannonball

If I switched to HO or N, I could find BNSF in the right colors without painting them.
    But then I wouldn't have really big trains either. :p
    I think we're buying back our stock from BNSF and returning to an independant railroad.
  6. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

im like you, but im on the look out for rock island stuff
  7. Brian R.

Brian R. Member

If you really want to paint them, get in contact with Jeff Sohn. He is on the OGR forum a lot. He does AMAZING custom paint jobs.
  8. Geno

Geno Member

It took me almost nine years to assemble the BN/SF/ BNSF diesel roster I have- unfortunately if you want a six-axle diesel, you may have to pay top dollar for it. Ialso seen prices for used engines go up in the last few years.

Despite BNSF being a popular roadname, the big train companies don't release diesels with that roadname on a regular basis. And when they do, they're usually sold out pretty quick.

I do remember Williams making an inexpensive GP-38 in BNSF heritage I paint. K-Line also came out with an MP-15 switcher which I picked up on Ebay for less than $60.

9. Cannonball

Actually, I don't care how many axles it has. I would just like to have the right paint sceme. I can get the old Blue & Yellow Santa Fe and probalby track down the old Black & Green for Burlington Northern but not the Orange & Black for the BNSF.
  10. Geno

Geno Member

The new BNSF 'swoosh' paint scheme has yet to see daylight in O gauge -I think only MTH is planning to an SD-70ACe in that paint- list on that engine is around $385.

I've seen GP-35's and SD-40-2's getting repainted into 'swoosh' paint- those would make a nice candidate for repaints. You can get these from MTH in Proto 1 for less than $200, then get it repainted.

11. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Now you change it on me again! I actualy began to like the BNSF version of the SJFL:D

Oh yeah, one more thing:

sign1 :D :D sign1:D :D sign1 :D :D
  12. Cannonball

I liked it too but if I can't find the gear to run on it, there's not much point.
    I've almost resigned myself to the Orange and green Beep BNSF but the color combination makes my website look like a pumpkin patch.

Never! You are not my father!
  13. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

But I still contolr the Death star!

(insert pic of death star here:D )
  14. Geno

Geno Member

You've discovered the big downside to O gauge- eninges and road names readily available in other gauges are expensive and difficult to find in O. The trade offs have been hashed over in threads on this and other forums, but the bottom line is whether you want to see your favorite trains in O gauge, or just want to see your favorite trains (any other smaller gauge will do then).

You can't always get what you want- but if you try sometimes you get what you need.:D

15. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

or you can be like me,, have O and N scale... i got the best of both worlds

16. Cannonball

Don't have room for both.
    Still trying to figure out where to put my daughter's HO set.
  17. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

18. Cannonball

None of those are the Black/Yellow/Orange color sceme though. :(
    I did find that Williams Trains makes two BNSF engines in the B/Y/O colors but one is almost $200.00 and the other is out of stock. :mad:

Honnestly, at this point, I'd just like to find a couple of undecorated Diesels for a reasonable ammount (no more than $150) and will run O27 curves. Then I'd just slap my own logo on them.
  19. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

20. Cannonball

I found that one earlier. That's the color combination I want but it's minimum curve is O31 so it won't work on my O27 curves. I'm finding that problem a lot as well. Unfortunately, I don't have the space to expand for larger curves. My little 4x8 table is it unless I win the lottery and build a new house.