I suppose I should say "Hi!"...

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by MOS95B, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I kinda jumped in here in a few threads with no formal introduction, so here goes...

I'm from a small town just outside of Austin TX, but after a few years in the Army I ended up in Robbinsdale MN (just northwest of Minneapolis).

I built tons of plastic models growing up, and to kill time in and after the Army. I picked up on card modelling when The Missus and I were seperated. It seemed like a neat, inexpensive way to kill time and avoid my roommate.

That was a couple of years ago. The hobby kinda came and went, as at that time I didn't know about the online groups. I am currently unemployed, so I figured again it would be an inexpensive way to keep my mind away from "the dark side".

Now that I've found this, and a couple of Google groups, I am definitely hooked. Having all this information and advice available has definitely made this a much more enjoyable hobby!!

I have a few pics of a couple of my current builds (and a bunch of goofy crap I have collected) on my site at http://www.mos95b.com/New/-Models/

I hope I can contribute something eventually, but for now I just wanted to officially say "hey" and thank you all in advance for your help, whether you knew you were helping or not...
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Shoot man............. glad you found us! Welcome to the darkside of modeling!
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Soo, you weren't sure you were going to stay, or you was having so much fun you forgot to say Hi? LOL

Don't forget to show your cardmodels!
  4. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Glad you found us MOS95B... By the looks of the picture, you must have done a pretty good job shovelling all that snow!
  5. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

TWE - what I got to show right now is on my site...

Jim G - Did you not see the "raised in Texas" part?? lol!! My wife says I shovel snow like I'm pitching hay. My back is gonna hurt for the next month.....
  6. fasteddiexx1

fasteddiexx1 New Member

Howdy MOS95B!!!! I love the Klingon ships I've been looking for some non Federation ships for a while and can't any...... Well anyways welcome to the club =) or errrrr group?
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold buddy! Glad to have you around. :D
  8. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Welcome, Welcome! BTW, I like the hat.

9. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Howdy, is that a Lone Star in your hand? Anyhow, welcome to the group, and a tip of the hat to anyone from the Great Republic of Texas!
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Welcome to the forum, my friend!
    I understand what you mean about community. Half of the fun that comes from paper modeling, or maybe more than half, is being a part of the community of modelers.
    I must say that not only does it keep me out of trouble but it keeps me sane! Without it and this community I would have died from shear boredom a long time ago!
    I've already talked to you in the forums but thanks for taking the time to say hello. It's nice to be able to put a face to the name and give everyone a chance to meet you and welcome you to the community. You already give back to the community just by taking part in it!

Good to have you here with us and I'll see you around the forum, Tex!

11. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Welcome aboard MOS.

Always nice to have new modelers come along to share wit and wisdom with us.
    I love the shot on your site with the three motorcycles and the boxboy riders. A fun mix of paper and plastic, high detail and boxy fun.

Welcome again, and keep em coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.