I still like Zealot.

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Mark Crowel, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Crowel

Mark Crowel Member

I display my work on both Zealot and PaperModelers.com, and I enjoy both forums. It is not a one-versus-the-other issue for me.

I displayed my work on Zealot first, in 2007. Zealot has gone over some bumps since then, and even at that time it was undergoing restructuring. I'm staying with it, because this is the first on-line hobby forum I joined, and where I first found acceptence of, and encouragement for, my work.

Like the old children's song says: "Make new friends (PaperModelers.com), but keep the old (Zealot); one is silver, and the other is gold."

Who is currently the head administrator on Zealot Card Models?
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

*waves* That would be me...

Failing me, Sanjay and the Crowdgather folks. But I'm the front man.

Good to see you, and my sentiments exactly! I was here when the site was still cardmodels.net; and it's here that I found friends, help and a great hobby.
  3. Mark Crowel

Mark Crowel Member

May I make a suggestion? Please, under our usernames, could we go back to "member" instead of "registered user"? "Member" is a word that says "You're one of us, and you're welcome here." "Registered user" doesn't give the same sense of belonging.

P.S. What happened to Maico Shark?
  4. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

That's an excellent suggestion, and I've done just that!

As re your PS:

The long and the short of it is that the former administrator is no longer in that position and I have assumed the post on behalf of the community.

Please let me know if there's anything I can help with! :wave:
  5. Mark Crowel

Mark Crowel Member

Thank you for going back to the "member" designation! Now that's what I call immediate service.

I just finished doing my homework, and read your thread on the announcements section. Congratulations, Ekuth, and best of luck to you.

I want to offer more than just wishes for luck, however. To all members, I say this: the best way to rebuild Zealot is for all of us to very quickly resume building cardmodels. Build threads, and the knowledge and skill we share through them, is why this type of community exists. Ekuth can be the supervisor, but we members must be the construction crew.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.