I see a problem.

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Wolfinlied, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Ben Gal

Ben Gal Member

"I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank those who keep this forum running so well and who give us all a place to share in this most enjoyable hobby."

2. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

To all, yes she has some very good talents and she is working past this thread. Glad to have her on board. Thanks Wolfinlied for your understanding, and I see that you have been getting more possitive presponce to your other thread. Everyone she is try to learn as much as she can to share her talents with all. Lets keep giving her our support and encuragement.
  3. Wolfinlied

Wolfinlied Member

Thank you card stalker :)
  4. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I need to get back to it. I've been making geometric solids for a week or so. I did a dodecahedron and then a hexagonal column. They are the sort of thing that I find more interesting than anyone else does.
  5. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Thanks - An interesting thread

I discovered this thread by accident today. I've read through the whole thread and found it very interesting. It's unfortunate that you were upset by some of the responses, and it's equally unfortunate that others were (apparently) upset by your observations.

I agree with you that there are a large number of categories and forums on the site - too many for me to be able to monitor them all, and certainly too many for me to be able to reply to every thread I read.

I believe in your original post you meant to say "this forum is a little overwhelming" rather than "this forum is a little overbearing". An unfortunate slip, since the change of word completely changes the tone of the comment. I heard what you meant and was in no way offended. Others only saw what you wrote, and missed the intent behind it.

I've been a member here for something over a year. Over time I've found that I was getting overwhelmed too, and I've had to narrow my focus. I subscribe to the forums that interest me the most (Aircraft, Sc-Fi, Card modeling, etc.). I've changed my preferences to weekly instead of daily updates, and I only reply to those threads that really get me excited, interested, or passionate about something (like this thread for example). Just the other day I replied to a post about a tutorial. The reply took me almost an hour and a half to compose. It took that long until I was satisfied that my reply was at least mostly lucid. I go for quality, rather than quantity, and I simply cannot respond to every post - I don't have that kind of spare time.

I know that many other members here are in the same position. I think you will find over time that you will have your favourite areas, and as you post more and more you will connect with others that have similar interests. Another member commented about putting a link to your web site in your signature. I think that's a great idea. I tracked it down and had a look, and you have a great site. There's some models on your site I'm quite interested in and hadn't seen before. Thanks for that!

Anyway, I'm in danger of starting to ramble now so I'm going to sign off, but before I do, Thank You. I learned something from you today. I've narrowed my focus too much. I really should have a few more forums in my list of subscriptions. After reading this I think I should be monitoring News, Introductions, and probably a few others to help be more a part of the community. I'm gonna go take care of that now.

Hope you have a great day, and if you (or anyone else for that matter) ever wants my opinion on something you're more than welcome to send me a private message. Otherwise, who knows if I'll stumble across your post or not...

6. cjd

cjd Member

Attached Files: