I see a problem.

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Wolfinlied, Feb 20, 2007.

1. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

OK, I do agree, a few sections could be summed up. But, like you said, lets stick to the models for now. :D
  2. Texman

Texman Guest

No worries. What is said, is said. It's gone, done, fin, fini, etc.

Have a great day

3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I'm confused...but that's nothing new!
    I don't understand what happened here. I thought I was the emotional one...lol
    I see no problem, I see love, from all the participants of this thread.
    Why don't we share the love, and quit pretending there is animosity.

Wolfinlied, speaking for myself, I barely have the time to look at things online let alone thank everyone involved with what I see. I really wish I had the time to thank each individual for each aspect of what they bring to the world. But this would be in itself a full time job.

On this forum, I have learned, the number of times your thread is read is your thank you, NOT the number of replies. If people take the time to view something of mine, I am honored. No replies are needed. They are always welcome, but not needed.

Don't know what else to say because I don't know what I'm talking about anyway.
  4. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

as strother martin said, "what we have here is a failure to communicate!" often communications in forums lack the inflection of voice inter-action. this can lead to misperceptions despite any 'net-speak symbols of winks, smiles or lol.... they say that sometimes it is not what you say but how you say it...or possibly more importantly, how what one has said is perceived. i'll view her comments and give her the benefit of the doubt. i also perceive frustration with an honest need to inter-act with the card modeling world.

as to the site...
    there are other card modeling forums out there. as with governments and/or justice systems, things are not perfect here but for what i hope to gain from inter-action on the general subject, this site is the best for me. it may not be the best for everyone....

there have been discussions on why more members don't post. i, for one, am glad that you are posting and willing to share and i hope you will continue to do so. we'll get used to each other eventually!
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

It would be nice if there was a section with all the models categorized and listed. As far as Rhino goes I have picked up a lot from just gleaning the fields here. Rhino has so many tutorials for free on the web that if one spent them time you could find more than you need. My stalled "My Ekranoplan" project had many contributions and I just think this place is great. If you don't visit it every day it may be a little hard to keep up with, but there is no other place like it IMHO.
  6. barry

barry Active Member

If you build mainly houses and rooms which your blog seems to indicate you would only need Metsequoia (which is free) and use the "primitives" to start with squares, cylinders etc. Then when you input the design to Pepakura you will have a better chance of it unfolding properly and get to know the way it works. Rhino is a bit over the top to start with.

Hope it helps
  7. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Wolfinlied, I agree with nebeltex, when communicating only with words it’s very hard to make a statement or comment that is 100% clear to all those that read it. I write many documents and speak in public and talk to people all over the world every day, I still have to think very carefully about what I write or say. When we want to make a strong statement we tend to use strong words that sound ok to us when we write them but may not be received as such. At the same time how someone perceives written word in many cases depends upon the individual mood at the time of reading.

The gist of what you were asking is I think this: why are there so many categories here making it hard to find specific information, why do I not get many responses to my posts, I have a web site to share what I have but not to many people seem interested, and you feel that no one cares about what you have to say and what you have to offer.

When I first started to post here, I somewhat felt the same way, however, people need to get to know you just as if we were in the same room. This only comes to pass with time. Please keep posting and letting everyone here hear what you have to say, we just need time to get to know you. If you have any questions, please ask and I’m sure someone will try and help. Post some pics of what you have done so people can see what you’re interested in. The more you’re involved the more everyone can get to know you. And we would very much like to get to know you.

There are not too many young women on this forum and your perspective can give everyone a different point of view. God bless.
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Lizzienwell is one of the better modelers and designers on this forum in my mind. She also happens to be a woman. Lizzienwell is also a pleasure to exchange comments and ideas with.
  9. Clashster

Clashster Member

This statement is very true. When I first started on this forum, I posted pictures of my first build. One of the comments really upset me and I almost left this forum for good. After a couple of days, I reread the comment and realized it wasn't what I thought it was - it was a comment to help me avoid problems down the line (which I had). Now I would welcome the same comment... I have got to know this forum and hopefully they are getting to know me... Overall this is a great place to be... I hope you will come to realize that also.

BTW, glad to see the turn this thread finally took. See, we can figure it all out! :grin:

10. WonderWheeler

WonderWheeler New Member

If you can post your blog/website in your signiture line at the end of your messages it will make it easier to find you. After reading part of this thread, I tried to looking up your name on the members list, but didn't see the web site the first time I looked. Eventually I found it, but had to go through more clicks.

Yeah, most of the people here are guys, and they have their own interests. Many of these involve military aircraft, tanks, warships and the like. Maybe we're overcompinsating, cause playing with paper, glue and scissors, when the other boys are out doing more dangerous stuff is a bit of a contrast. So we tend to be interested in typically male subject matter in our models. Maby overly so. I don't think my wife would mind if I started downloading paper models furry animals and interior decor, but to tell you the truth, I would feel a little funny. These are all good models, but I have more specialized interests. We all have something to contribute, and hope to see more of your posts. Sorry we aren't more touchy feely, but they way some folks are.

Gary Wheeler
    home page: http://g.wheeler.home.att.net

Now if you had a model of a dalmation, that would be another matter...
  11. Wolfinlied

Wolfinlied Member

a dalmation? why?
  12. WonderWheeler

WonderWheeler New Member

Because we have two well behaved (mostly), well trained and well taken care of dalmations. Besides, black and white dogs do not require the use of a color cartridge.

Guys sometimes do get sentimental about dogs. Especially things like hunting dogs, working dogs, or just companion animals. Pekinanese, chichuahua, poodles, not so interesting. Pit Bull terriers, german shepard, boston terrier, labs, hunting dogs, more interesting. Hadn't thought seriously about making a model of a dalmation before, but remember making and painting a plastic model of Lassie as a kid.

Just an idea.
  13. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

14. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

PW: Roger your last.
    It's gone.... Sorry:
  15. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

You don't have to be sorry, I just hate it when everyone starts fighting. It's just a waste of Rick and Peter's bandwidth.
  16. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

I suppose you could get the Lab model from Canon and recolor it white with black spots! Would sort of look close enough! :)

17. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

Hey, thanks for the complement. I'm eagerly awaiting your resumption of the ekronaplan.

Wolfinlied, I checked out your website. Nice models.

18. Buki

Buki Member

Hey jokers of masculine gens,:twisted:
    here is an origamic "Dalmatinac" at your pastime:

Lizzie - how is your NOAA boat?

Wolfinlied - many of us "boys" have a sense for gallantness and sense for beauty acceptable for women, but with scruple to think about, talk and do - it is typical soul of the man.
  19. possm_23

possm_23 Member

some of us cant even buy respect!!!!!:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :grin:....any offers $$$$
  20. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

It seems to me that this forum is well-organized and easy enough to navigate. With such a plethora of modelling subject interests there must be many categories of threads. If it has to do with card modelling, it can be found here. Also, there are some amazing builders on this forum who are kind enough to share their hard-won talents with the rest of us and as a rank neophyte I appreciate that very much. I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank those who keep this forum running so well and who give us all a place to share in this most enjoyable hobby.