I salute the members of the Gauge

Scoobie

I,m fairly new to the Gauge and model railroading 3 or 4 months. I joined to get support for a layout I started. I got all the great support I needed and still getting. I have learned a ton from the Gauge, but I had no idea how wonderful you people are. I've read about some members with personnal and physical troubles that saddend me. Maybe this isn't my say as for the moment my life is going well ( thank god ).I never thought I'd feel the caring, love and support over the internet, but I do with the Gauge. I just have to say to the people that started this site, all the way to new members. This site is more that model railroading and I'm proud to be a member. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
:wave: Hi, Scoobie, Im going to have to agree with you.

Iv'e been a member for less time than you and I have learned so much about model railroading thanks to every one here at the-gauge.

If this isn't the best model railroading forum out there, then I don't no what is. Iv'e been to a couple other forums and you just don't get the kind and nice people that are here at the-gauge. Plus you get answers from people that have been into model railroading for years and they know what there talking about.

Thanks everyone for making this site what it is. I really enjoy being a part of the-gauge.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
You're Welcome.As a Mod, it great to read kudos from other members. Us Mods, as well as the two CEO's( Mikey and Don), and the rest of the members try to keep this the best forum, and are always trying to make it better.
Just FYI, this too is the only model railroad forum I come to. I started at Trains.com, found this site because they were hammering a member of the Gauge over there(Well..ex member now). Came here just to check it out...Never looked back!
Hey...That was four years ago...Time sure flies when your having fun!!!

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Well guys, Thanks !!!! This forum was started as a "quiet place to visit and hide from the real world troubles"

The original staff (I was one as well as a few other mods) worked hard to make it exactly what you said... A place to share knowledge and encouragement on all levels of modeling...

~~ Thanks for being members and for your good influence on others here.....

C

Catt

We got good people here,that makes being a mod here easy.By the way if anyone is interested I'm one of the old-timers in this place.:D

ezdays

Out AZ way
It's threads like this that make every second we spend here worthwhile. Like Ed, I came here because I was getting hammered on another forum, I almost decided that modelers were a self-centered egotistical bunch of show-offs and I didn't want to be a part of that so I seriously considered a different hobby. I was directed here and found caring, informative and a bunch of great people willing to help and share. As you can see, I stuck around a bit longer than I did at those other places.:wave: :wave: I've been able to learn so much more than I could possibly give here.:thumb: :thumb:

And I've got to let you all in on a little secret, being an administrator or a mod here is a piece of cake and you all make it a real pleasure. We rarely have to delete a post or repremand someone for going over the edge. That gives us more time to devote to contests and challenges, and more time to work on our own layouts. Yeah, there's always that daily dose of spam but we have ways of dealing with that. fence1

You are 100% right, a great group, a fine place to be and so let's not forget to thank our benefactor Peter Davis. It is through his generousity and efforts that all this is possible.aussie aussie

steamhead

I second ( and third...) all the comments made previously. There are other sites where people-bashing seems to be the principal aim of the board. Over 1 1/2 years of being a member here, I've yet to see a degrading or disrespectful comment to another member. Keep up the good work guys...!!!

Gus (LC&P).

UP SD40-2

i too would like to join the bandwagon on this thread.:D i have been on MANY forums, none of witch in my opinion is even HALF as good as this forum:thumb:. why is this forum so GREAT to me? many reasons, 1- i love to see pics of other peoples work, to me its VERY inspiring. on other forums most people gripe if you post a few pics. 2- I AM A HUGE UP NUT:D, on other forums to be a UP fan is VERY UNPOPULAR, here, i have had NO PROBLEMS with it:thumb:. 3- there are some VERY talented modelers on this forum:thumb:. though there are MANY more reasons i REALLY LIKE it here, the last i will mention is,4- the mods AND members are VERY NICE, and ALWAYS willing to help out!!!:thumb: since i have joined this forum, i have NEVER went back to ANY of the others.;):D **BOTTOM LINE: i too, would like to thank EVERYONE here at the Gauge:thumb: THANKS GUYS!!!:D -Deano

There are other forums for model railroaders out there!?!?sign1 Seriously though, I've checked out a few, and like has been said before, people bashing has become almost the sole reason for existence on far too many of them. To all of the people who make this forum possible, I say a very heartfelt "BRAVO!":D

Some years back, when I first got a computer, I located Atlas Forum. I nearly gave up modeling, because virtually every person writing in seemed to know the micro-grams of every screw and washer, and if a car was 1 scale inch short, they pitched a fit. I could tell the difference between steam and diesel - period. I felt like a first grader trying to read a thesis for a doctorate degree.

Then I located THE-GAUGE. Pitch dark turned to bright daylight. I'm not totally stupid, I got a smart mouth, and on the gauge I truly enjoy myself.

There is one thing I am concerned about, and that is when I miss entries from quite a few: Spitfire, Ausien, Woodie, and many more. I do hope all is well with them.

Keep all the goodies flowing you mods, admins. CEOs, bosses, massas or whatever. I don't write much, but I'm always here.

God Bless

Lynn

doctorwayne

The Gauge is certainly my forum of choice: lots of accomplished modellers and lots of enthusiastic newcomers, and not too many with the "attitude" that you often see elsewhere. And while I enjoy and appreciate the sharing and caring outlook of most of our members and visitors, I'm even more impressed by the politeness and consideration that's afforded to all.

Wayne

cnw1961

I can back all that is said above. For me The Gauge is the best place to go, when it comes to model railraoding: no bashing, nitpicking or rivet counting. Thanks to the mods and all the members who make The Gauge such a nice place.

Herc Driver

This thread could go on and on...and it should. I totally agree with all previously stated. And I too bounced around other places but could never get questions answered or some great information/pictures to help me get back into Nscale till this forum. My thanks to all of you that have taught/encouraged/corrected/suggested in the most professional and respectful way possible thereby keeping this forum informative and vibrant for all - from newbie's to MMR's.

Evan

An awesome place to visit

I have to fully agree with everyone's comments about what an awesome place this is.

For those who don't know, I'm an IT Manager during the day, overseeing about 200 PC's and servers - means I have to keep my staff on their toes. Basically also means I can be quite busy. So, I try each and every working day to "take a break" at lunch time. I have my list of sites that I read (local news first, international news, any cool new IT news, then The-Gauge). At which point I tend to stop reading other sites, even if they had caught my interest. sign1

To everyone here - a mighty big THANKS from myself about all the info / knowledge sharing. It's really hard to find help here in Cape Town, as there are only 2 shops, who specialize in pricing things as high as they can, and frowning on the "small N scale stuff".

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Those of us who keep things the way they should be, don't get paid for our efforts, the hobby, and the satisfaction of providing a place like this keep us going. Threads like this....Hey! fellow mod's, It's Payday!!! I can't emphasize enough that it is also the maturity, and responsibility demonstrated by the membership, that keeps this house a comfortable place to visit. I have to send out a big thankyou to all the members here for respecting the place, and each other.
Pete

abutt

Salute returned...

Scooby...I return your salute with as much snap as I can manage at my age. The Gauge is the only forum I view. Although I have several hobbies, none is as satisfying as model railroading, and no forum as stimulating as this one.

Keep 'em rolling,

Bob Collins

I had to go back and look to see when I joined up here...Feb 2, 2001. Does that make me an oldtimer too? I don't mind being an oldtimer, it's an OLD F--T that I'm trying my best to avoid becoming sign1

I seem to have so many irons in rhe fire right now I have not been very loyal to keeping up with things on the Gauge, not have I done a lick of work on my layout for several months:cry: :cry:

I do manage to drop everything on Thursday evenings and get my tail to the local train club which has a huge HO layout in the former Rock Island Depot here in Council Bluffs. The depot is just down the track about a mile from the UPRR intermodal yard and our Thursday evening break is usually spent outside the depot watching the evening intermodeal being pushed to the UPRR pool yard. From the depot we can also watch activity on the BNSF where you are also likely to see motive power from the KCS and once in a while from the Mexican National Railroad:thumb: :thumb:

So my building skills are wasting away, but I'm being offered lots of chances to do some fun railfanning:) :)

Bob

wickman

I totally agree this is an awsome site.
I visited this forum a long time ago posted a bit and wasn't around for a while as there's so many different forum sites out there but as of late I've felt quite comfortable being here . Hopefully all the knowledge I've gained including from the mistakes I've made may help others.:wave: