I Refuse to be Intimidated!

upguy

Oregon Western Lines, CEO
A guy has to start somewhere...so I did. I bought some of these car repair shop (Bachmann) kits for cheap. Now, I'm trying to come up with a use for them.

Attachments

• mvc-008s.jpg
    mvc-008s.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 353

upguy

I decided to combine two of them into a long loading dock warehouse type building for my Boise Cascade plant.

Attachments

• mvc-001s.jpg
    mvc-001s.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 339

upguy

After I glued both sides of each kit together, I cut the peak off of one end and added one of the doors to each end. With a piece of Evergreen Scale Models #4526 piece of styrene, I cut a section to match the end of the original model--but without the doors. I then used the leftover piece of styrene to fill in one of the doors on the opposite end.

Attachments

• mvc-002s.jpg
    mvc-002s.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 337

upguy

I didn't really want all the skylights in my building, but I couldn't bring myself to toss them all either. I decided to settle for skylights over the section which will be above the track and on the side of the building away from view.

Attachments

• mvc-004s.jpg
    mvc-004s.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 332

upguy

I took two of the skylight sections and placed them over each end of the building, and then cut a two-windowed portion from a third section to get the necessary length. The other side of the building roof was made by splicing together three pieces from the rest of my styrene sheet. With several coats of paint added, I now have a start to my warehouse. More to come....

Sorry about the ugly countertop...my house was built in the 70's when orange was cool.:eek:

Attachments

• mvc-006s.jpg
    mvc-006s.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 326

upguy

I'm not finished with the building yet, but I had to see how it would fit into the place the I envisioned.... I think it is going to work.

Attachments

• mvc-301s.jpg
    mvc-301s.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 286

upguy

Here is another angle...a little farther back. It sure looks better on the layout than on the orange countertop!:D

Attachments

• mvc-303s.jpg
    mvc-303s.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 284

upguy

Another view...looking down the track. That's the building with the skylights. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• mvc-309s.jpg
    mvc-309s.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 253

upguy

Looking back toward the end of the building where most of the boxcars will be spotted...inside.

Attachments

• mvc-315s.jpg
    mvc-315s.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 251