i need help

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by terrell1902, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrell1902

terrell1902 New Member

im brand new to RC Aircraft i need alot of help i have about $400
  2. Steve M

Steve M Member

What kind of help?
  3. terrell1902

terrell1902 New Member

what kind to get how to fly
  4. terrell1902

terrell1902 New Member

I am looking to start flying rc planes as a hobby and i was wondering what is the best way to get started.
  5. Steve M

Steve M Member

The best way to gegin with radio control aircraft is to join a local club and get experienced hands-on help from the club memners. Most clubs have experience pilots who will go over your model to ensure it is air worthy and then assist with test flights and on to student training.

What to buy is a personal thing and thre is no shortage of good equipment, planes, motors, etc... available today.

6. terrell1902

terrell1902 New Member

7. terrell1902

terrell1902 New Member

what kind to buy
  8. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

You can check out the Tower Hobbies site for starters. You will need help to learn to fly no matter what plane it is so I would look at the Avistar select. It comes with most of the basics meaning a prebuilt plane, an engine, and a Futaba radio system. Current price is around $280. which leaves you enough to buy the rest of the basics. By that I mean a 12 volt 4.5 amp starter battery, an electric fuel pump, a power panel, a few spare props and a tool box to carry everything in. That will still leave you enough money to join a club and buy fuel. Follow the link below to look at the Avistar package. Fast!
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LC1052**&P=1:D
  9. aeropal

aeropal New Member

10. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

IF you join a club you don't need or want to be stuck with a Park flyer. They are slow, small, fragile, underpowered, and can only fly with little or no wind. ven if you learned on one, you need to be retrained when you went to a standard glow powered trainer because the extra power and speed would be too much for you!
  11. bigsteam

bigsteam New Member

I'm going with steve and fat guy on this... sorry, fatsky.. anyway after you have become a part of a club, joined the A.M.A. (Academy of Model Aeronautics)and learned how to fly with competent trainer pilot instructors. then go out and explore the world of park flyers.they can be real fun and you will get your "stick" fix at the local ball park.. but, nothing compares with piloting a 70" glow powered wood airplane for the first time... If your like the rest of us, you will then be flying to fullfill that itch that just never goes away...just ask the old grey haired guys at the field and you will never be tired of listening to stories about that "last flight". soon you'll be telling stories of your own....Happy flying!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.