I need help with my nitro streetforce GP

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by crazycuteguy016, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi i have or had a Duratrax nitro StreetforceGP and now its wrecked and heres how. I had just put in a trx 2.5 motor and all the hop-up they had for the car so my friend and i decided that i should race my streetforce against his nitro 4-tec and i was burning his 4-tec but then all of a sudden my car started turning with out me doing any thing and when i pulled on the brakes it would stop and went full speed into the and was totaled. I mean both shock towers broke off, both servos snapped and basically the only thing left on the car thats any good is the motor and the chassis. ive tried lookn on tower hobbies 4 replacement parts but everything 4 my car is dicontinued and i dnt kno if any of the parts from the GP2 fit on my car. So i need help in many ways 1) Y did my car act like it did especially after i made sure all the batteries were good and new?
    2) were can i find parts 4 my streetforce?
    3) should i just trash the car and keep the motor?
    4) should i sell the car and try and save up for the StreetForce GP2?
    if u have any other suggestions as 2 wut i should do it would b greatly appreciated
  2. redheat

redheat Member

Sounds like you lost radio control ,Failsafe might be a good investment next time. Got a LHS close by ,if so see if they can help you salvage your wreck. Might be able to get parts at Tower Hobbies. Price parts out before deciding on dumping your car .Even tho your car looks like crap right now it might not cost you that much to fix.
  3. I 2nd that, I found a nice used Ofna failsafe for $15. It's very cheap insurance for expensive runaways. Check ebay for streetforce parts. Ebay usually has parts for older models and less-popular models. Keep the car even if it's just for parts. I suppose if you got this one fixed up, you could sell it and buy a GP2 but thats up to you.
  4. jimmy

jimmy New Member

just take out your car and take the crank shaft out and then hose it down with sum loose up spray and then put the radio near the wall....that always works for me
  5. redheat

redheat Member

Crazy whats the latest news on your car were you able to get it back together or did you decide on a new one?
  6. im slowly putting it bak 2gether but theres still some pieces missng
  7. redheat

redheat Member

What parts are you missing ?
  8. the suspension arms
  9. redheat

redheat Member

Are you planning on put the stock ones back on or upgrade them to something else?
  10. my suspension arms are totalled so im gonna have 2 get new ones
  11. redheat

redheat Member

try carbon ,little stronger.
  12. where can i get carbon suspension arms at???
  13. redheat

redheat Member

Have you called your LHS? They generally stock up grades.
  14. ill try given them a call
  15. redheat

redheat Member

Crazy , any luck with your parts?
  16. not yet still waitnm for my part 2 come in
  17. redheat

redheat Member

Where did you order from?
  18. i orderd it from D&KHOBBIES
  19. redheat

redheat Member

Never heard of them before are they a good outfit ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.