i need help plz

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by imfast, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imfast

imfast Member

hi is there a way to make an electric motor run faster i have two in my car but it runs to slow for me thanks for advise:)
  2. trxtalon

trxtalon Member

commutator drops
  3. bandit1

bandit1 Member

try putting in, i think a lower, gear will make the motor get more top speed but not as good of acceleration.
  4. imfast

imfast Member

ok thanks
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

WRONG.lowering the gearing will make it lose speed.but have more torque.
    to make a motor spin faster or rev higher.you can raise the voltage.or buy a motor with less # of turns on the armature.
    also you have two motors.if they are wired parallel you will have less speed more run time.if they are wired in series the will spin faster but have less run time meaning the battery will die earlier.
    there are usually restrictions when it comes to raising the voltage and puting in faster motors.some cars can not handle it and burn out.
    what do you have?im sure i can help you much better knowing that.
  6. imfast

imfast Member

dont know what motor it is i havent took the body and stuff off yet to get to the motors hehe it just a rc to bash into stuff with nothing expencive i am saving to get a $780 or something like that from www.hobbytown.com i am making one to so got alot on my mind right know if you know what i mean hehe
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

i meant what kind of car or truck it is.and you say you `dont know what motor it is`.i thought you said it has two motors.
    man you guys dont know anything about real RC stuff.`bandit` doesnt know whats up or down in gearing and `trxtalon`only said comuntator drops.those drops are for the old style motors where you need to break in the brushes when you first get a new motor.you dont use them for a motor that has brushes already broken in.also,now motors come new with pre-broken in brushes and you can buy brushes sepreatly that are broken in..
  8. imfast

imfast Member

hey i know how many motors are in it because i can see them and it says on the box and it is an f-150 4wd and i made it a 4wsteering to hehe kinda hard to control though
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

how could you possibly make it 4wsteering with out knowing somthing as obvious as to what motors are in it an never taking the body off?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.