I need a new project......?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by CJTK1701, Dec 28, 2007.

1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

OK, you guys here on the card modeling board have been a great bunch and I'd like to do something, but I'm not sure what. So, I'm coming to you for suggestions.

I've got a lot of projects in the works, but I figure I can plod away on something and maybe give a little something back for all the cool free stuff I've gotten from here.

I do NOT work as fast as Skip, or Oyl Pslyk, but I think I might be able to get something done before the next millennium.:mrgreen:

I've got a really accurate set of textures and what not for an Enterprise E and thought of doing a repaint of one that's already available and maybe enlarge it, or I thought of making a really big (3') Y-Wing.

So, any thoughts, suggestions? This will be my first paper model, so it might take awhile.

2. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

I know you've been itchin to get into that ent-e for a long time, but I'd like to see you whack out a Y-wing!

its usually an under-rated ship, and there ARE a couple good free models available, but not any big-ones!

I'd sure like to see one:thumb:

I've been thinking about shrinking my x-wing down to about the 3' range, I bet they'd look good as a set!
  3. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

As one one of my Fav's I have to vote for the Y Wing as well.
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Yes, I have been itching to do the Ent-E, but this project is not for me, it's for the board.

How big is your X-Wing? Have I seen that?

I'm looking at the 3D mesh now and I can see that there are some really basic shapes to this, but there is also a lot of little detail, however, at three feet long it looks entirely doable.

I know you guys use different 3D and CG progs to do your work, but since I don't have that skill it will have to be all done manually, kind of like I did with the Enterprise and Klingon D-7.

I've got a little Y-Wing, one of the snap kits that I can use for reference, but does anyone know where the best, most accurate refs are for this ship?
  5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

OK, I guess that's it then. Guess I should have made this a poll. Doh!:cry:
  6. OylPslyk

right now my x-wing is 1:1 with the 145cm model, but i'm thinkin of shrinkin it down to about 3' or so. its the same one I showed you way back, i just havent gotten anything more done on it since then...
  7. cool ready for my 1000 year brithday lol i say y-wing cos ive never been able to find one
  8. Gixergs

Hi there are some very good referance pictures of the Y Wing and other sci fi ships at Starship Modeler Starship Modeler: Star Wars Hardware Reference. As much as I would dearly love the Y Wing model I'm sure that there will be no complaints if you wait to get others opinions before you decide on your project, although who could not want a 3' Y wing. I would like to thank you for this generous offer and also thank all the others on this site that have given their skills to keep me busy.
  9. seakrakken

seakrakken Member

There are way so many things that would be great to see done. How about that EDI UCAV from the movie Stealth? I've only seen one overly simplistic version of it done and it was posted on SONY's homesite for the movie. Someone else (ARMORMAN?) is working on the Stealth Fighter from the movie and from what I've seen of his posted pics its going to be awesome. The only problem with the UCAV I can see is all the compound curves on the beast.
  10. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Oooh yeah, a 3' Y-Wing would definitely make a nice companion to Oyl's X-Wing... and if you finish it some time soon it might even inspire him to finish said x-wing :p
  11. OylPslyk

lol, dont worry, I'm gonna follow the poll and move on to the x-wing once the ol batwings finished :mrgreen:
  12. How bout a B5 Whitestar!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb: I have got to get sombody to do it for me.
  13. Toaster

Toaster New Member

The predators spaceship and the Hunters one in AvsP Requiem,Event Horizon,5th element ships and stuff.Ships from Skyland..Take your pick.
  14. seakrakken

seakrakken Member

How about the Reaver's ship from Firefly/Serenity!

15. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

yeah predators ships would be cool i wish i knew how to 3d mesh stuff n id give that a go :thumb:
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thanks for all of the input, I really appreciate it. I think at this point though it's pretty much a given that I'm going to try and work out a Y-Wing.

I will keep everything posted here in mind for the future.

I thought the Y-Wing was going to be a cake walk until I started looking at some of the references and saw all of the greeblies up close. What have I gotten myself into?

17. Gixergs

bounce7Woo Hoo 3' Y Wing, I suppose i'm going to have to finish something now. Thank You very much and Happy New Year
  18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

You're welcome, but I don't have it done yet, I'm just starting the prelim work now. Happy New Year to you too.:thumb: