I missed the Party

DavRed

I started at the party but then this hospital got in the way and I missed out.
Still I've now started (nearly finished) the tracklaying for my layout.
It is a basic folded dogbone layout and rises into hills/mountains to crossover.There are a couple of sidings and a passing track/thingy.
The base is 30" x 48", 8mm ply on a 2 x 1" frame covered with Sundeala.

A few pics and you can see what I mean.

David

Attachments

• trains0001.jpg
    trains0001.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 279

DavRed

And another. I will post more as work progresses.

David

Attachments

• trains0004.jpg
    trains0004.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 280
C

Catt

David,your layout looks like a winner to us.Don't worry abut "THE" party as they are an ongoing thing here at the Gauge and you are most welcome to join anytime.

Hi David,

Looking good so far. I'm wondering what grade your going with there as it looks pretty steep? Good luck'

Ron:thumb: :thumb: :wave:

DavRed

Wyomingite said:
Hi David,

Looking good so far. I'm wondering what grade your going with there as it looks pretty steep? Good luck'

Ron:thumb: :thumb: :wave:
It is at about 7% on one and the other grade is about 9%. on the steepest grade my type 37 ED will pull a rake of 6 coaches, and the 060 will pull 4.

I finished the tracklaying this week and have been building some of the buildings and have started on some of the scenery.

The pics show what will be the NE corner and will contain a wooded area and a path to the SE corner which will be allotments for the cottages.

The first pic shows the newsprint being layered to build up the slope.

The base has been turned around to make working easier.

David

Attachments

• trains12.jpg
    trains12.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 201

DavRed

To stop me getting bored I started some of the scenery along the rear of the layout.

David

Attachments

• trains402.jpg
    trains402.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 53