I love Microbrush

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Grotto, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Grotto

Grotto Member

NO, I don't work for them but damn they sure made aging N scale rails easy.
    There cheap, disposable and the super fine are the perfect size N scale tracks.
  2. zedob

zedob Member

Where did you get them and how much?
  3. aslan

aslan Member

I did a google search and found them on eBay as well as other places.
  4. zedob

zedob Member

Thanks. Search, humm.
  5. Grotto

Grotto Member

10 for $ 2.75 at my local hobby shop
  6. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Hobby shops, craft stores, probably some of the big chains as well.
  7. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

8. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

I love these things!
  9. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

10. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I took one that had gone black, clipped it to the right length, dropped the stem down a chimney, and now I have a chimney sweep working on my layout. (works best with British style "chimney pots" where there's a couple of pipes sticking up.)
  11. LongIslandTom

LongIslandTom Member

If you have a friend or relative who is a dentist, ask them to grab the free samples for you from dental conventions.

I got a lot of free ones that way for hobby use.. Too bad I can't get enough freebies to stock my practice. :D

We dentists go through them like crazy. It's a one-use deal.. Once it touches someone's tooth (when we use it to apply bonding agent when doing a filling) and did its job, it goes right into the trash can (or biohazard bin if there's blood on it). The cost of those things add up quick..
  12. zedob

zedob Member

Hey LITom,

I never would have thought that a dental office could create so much trash, until it became my job to throw it into the dumpster. I call the girls upstairs my "trashy women".

That's ok, they call me the "cellar dweller", or troll.