I knew this was gonna be bad......

gruggier

Nov 28, 2006
Deer Park NY
Man, I went to Trainland in Lynbrook just to "look around", with my Son, and what did I do???? I wound up buying 2 grand worth of stuff!!! Brass tracks, roadbed, g scale power supply, and an new locamotive from MTH. Then on top of that I mail orederd a MTH DCS kit. This is all G scale stuff.

Jeeez this is bad. :eek:ops:

So I spent all night setting up the track/roadbed layout in my back yard, freezing my butt off.

And my wife announce1 is freakin out! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So now that I got this stuff, I ran my Aristocraft Pacific just to test er out. Pretty cool! It works, but I guess you have to buy sound board for the Aristocraft and install it.

The MTH I got is the NEW YORK CENTRAL with Protosound2.0 in G scale. The Hudson. So I have not run that yet cause I am waiting on the MTH DCS. So to you experts out there, when I hook the TIU up to the variable power supply do I need to crank the unit up all the way to full power? I guess the DCS will regulate power to the tracks then.

Also does any company make a G scale Berkshire? Not that live steam one from Aster cause that is $8000 factory built. :cry:

(What a beauty though! Did you guys see this? http://www.southernsteamtrains.com/nkp%20berkshire.htm)

I am hooked!

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
gruggier said:

(What a beauty though! Did you guys see this? http://www.southernsteamtrains.com/nkp%20berkshire.htm)

alleg-06-2004-cover.jpg

WOW. Though I still wonder why people build their entire outdoor layout up on stilts.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
My wife would beat me senseless if I spent that much money on trains. (And she is usually pretty forgiving of most of my hobbies.)

eBay is my curse, however. :eek:ops:

I love that Burkshire!
*starts planning outside layout.*
:D

jflessne

May 10, 2006
Hot Arizona
www.azlivewire.com
Congrats on the purchase. Were are the pictures?

I have a ton of MTH track running around my sons room. And a cool O scale MTH Great Northern steamer.

I have to ask...is there any way you can take the brass track back? As I said my limited experience but I was told a thousand times brass is terrible in an outside environment.

Solid Stainless Steel Rail is the best these days.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Cannonball, and would you enjoy that beating.......sign1

I don't think that the trench coat idea would work well with G scale!:cry:

I hope in the next year to complete my HO layout, do a Christmas train in N scale and start a G scale outside layout. I have her trained (pun intendedsign1 ) and she will be the driving force in the outside train.

Rick

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Gasser, maybe you need a new girlfriend or a better jobsign1 ....Wait how about a new girl friend who has a job that will support your hobbies!!!:thumb:

Rick

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
oldtanker said:
I don't think that the trench coat idea would work well with G scale!:cry:
It doesn't :( But it does help to have the layout - in the cellar, so when I get home... I kind of drop off whatever I bought into the workroom or the layout tooth1

What engine?? Where?!?!? Oh - that's been ther for years..... yeah - "that" old thing....... sign1 sign1 sign1

65GASSER

Jun 12, 2006
Malvern, AR
oldtanker said:
Gasser, maybe you need a new girlfriend or a better jobsign1 ....Wait how about a new girl friend who has a job that will support your hobbies!!!:thumb:

Rick

Well... shes an attourny.. but isn't a big fan of me spending as much as I do on trains. I do pretty ok as a truck driver. Enough to support my ebay habbits. That have reached as far as $900 a month. :eek:ops: I wish she would support my hobby!!! That would be sweeeeeet!!! :thumb: sign1