i just ported my motor

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by BOWTIE1, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOWTIE1

BOWTIE1 Member

it is a hyper 8 port..
    ok i ran the motor befor i did anything to it to make sure if i could tell anydifference.......an i did port the sleve,crank,carb...... i ran 3 tanks through it to break it in ..... and can u say LOW END POWER........ lol it ran so much better i was surprised on how much more proformance it brought to the motor......the motor is so much faster.... i called this a miled mod.... then i pulled it all back apart and looked at that was going on inside the motor.....then i decied ill do a insane mod...hehehe so i did some block work and some more crank work then i put it back toghter...and ran another 2 tanks to brake it in .... i did find out i had to retune the motor after mod ... and what i found out was

holy ----.... it iwas awesome much more low end and mid and more top end and the temps was at 226 after 7 min of hard running..... i lost about 30 sec of run time with the mod but it was well worth it it took me about 2 hrs to do the complet mod.... i do belive this motor will run with the big boys now but we will find out sat i am going to take it to the track hehehe
  2. BOWTIE1

BOWTIE1 Member

i also did a few trx.15's and they did very nice got 5 more mph out of the t-maxx.....
    also a tone of low end the t-maxx will pul the wheels off the ground on comand..... it is very sweeeeeet ... just wanted to shear it with u all...
  3. dudex

dudex Member

I ported out my tr12, teardropped the ports, turbod the crank, knife edged the con rod, and took my crank to the machine shop where I work and increased the diameter of the hole by about 10%. worked amazingly well. Low end and mid range probably about 10-15% stronger.
  4. BOWTIE1

BOWTIE1 Member

mine 2 kool..
  5. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

I had an OS .15 CV that kept up with an .21 CZR. I was really proud of that one ... Untill the sand pit. :( Now I have an OS .15 CVR. LOL I am waiting for the rebuild to do any mods.
  6. BOWTIE1

BOWTIE1 Member

sweeet i here ya about the sand pit...
  7. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

dude i wanna port my os .12 cvx. howd dou u doit you?
  8. alisar70

alisar70 Member

what a port SOrry!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.