I just ordered a Calsonic Skyline GT-R 2003 (TT01)

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by fozz18, Jul 28, 2005.

1. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

I just orderd this car as my first drifter what do you guys think I already have recieved two sets of abs tires.
    [​IMG]
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Lol... it will be just like a drift car. This is probly the most commonly found drifter
  3. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

drifter

I know the chassi is used alot, but the shell as well?
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Im gona sound rude here, but its my honest opinion... bodies dont at all matter. I know people dont like to use replica circut cars, but the skyline is used alot. More so the R33 then the R35, but nonetheless, skylines are used. But in my opinion, unless your jetting around a track at high speeds, a body is just for looks. Skylines and FD's are most used, because they are "godlike" cars to the average person, and they see them im movies, and want those, plus a lot of kits use those bodies.
  5. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

drifter

I know, but I wanted to start with a nice chassi, I am experienced with my stadium truck and have been toolin around for years, I was looking foward to using a street car, I am planning on getting another shell but the chassi will have some upgrades. I will keep you guys posted and you can see my progress in this sport.
  6. hey how much did that cost you did it come with a battery and a transmitter
  7. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

8. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

my new car

I just recieved my car and finished building it, Tower hobbies included an ESC instead of MSC what a deal 74.99 and I got it in two days.
  9. I must say... that's a good deal. What kind of ESC is it?

As for the shell, it doesn't really matter if it's used a lot for drifting or not. It's all personal preference. In drifting, the body does not affect performance. It's all looks. You don't have to follow the picture. In fact, you might want to try doing your own custom and unique paint job. BTW, it's a R34, not a R35 :wink: .
  10. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

You got me on the R35... for some reason that number is stuck in my head... grr. However with the body affecting performance, thats accually a major factor. However, at these slow speeds it wont do anything. But you start doing track racing and drifting with 10T's and 15T's even, the body will make a HUGE Differance, along with spoiler, height, ect.
  11. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

new car

I will be doing a custom paint job on this and will be posting pics on sat. I also wanted to say that It may seem like i'm new to rc but I am just new to drifting, I do know what I am doing when it comes to building a car. I just was sharing my new purchase with the forum.

However I do appreciate the replys.
  12. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I wasnt directing them at you, its just it seems as tho there have been a lot of new people on here, wich is good, however i dont want them to get ill informed from lack of information. What your saying and contributing is great, however its also not the full story and some people will start to believe that, and i like to try to clear things up before it gets out of hand. :p
  13. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

ohh

I understand thanks.
  14. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

light buckets

do they make light buckets for this body?
  15. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Re: light buckets

nine. You may be able to find a independant company that makes them, but most LED kits are just LED's and wires. I havent heard of any buckets and such for them.
  16. Oh yes of course I know that the body makes a larger difference when grip racing at higher speeds, but I specifically referred to drifting because it's so slow that you're not going to notice anything much...

Light buckets: http://www.rcdrift.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1770[/url]
  17. top secret

top secret Guest

cool! i like skyline! if you drop the calsonic stickers and make it a more realistisk drifter!§ 8)
  18. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

I only used the stickers that were on a stock car

I left the racing #'s and team stuff off of the car the flames I made myself. Oh and the wing has carbon fiber vinyl on it now so its not blue anymore.