i just got another marx engine off e-bay

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
Livesteam said:
Ive never seen those before, what scale?

:eek: you never heard of marx trains? :eek:

lol, same scale is lionel.... but marx trains are the best trains ever

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
does anyone know of a good place to buy replacement lightbulbs...? i went to radio shack and bought both bulbs that would fit into it, the one just burnt out cause it wasn't ment for the power, and the other one is too dim....

I buy mine at a local train store but I'm not sure where he gets them from. If you don't mind ordering over the phone or online, Robert Grossman (www.trainpartsformarx.com) is the best place to get Marx parts. He also has replacement wheels if you need them, and the tools to pull and replace them.

As far as getting it to reverse well, a few blasts of contact cleaner into the solenoid that handles reversing ought to do the trick. I use zero-residue contact cleaner from an auto parts store. A big can cost me $2 or $3. Works great for getting old gunk out of the motor too--just blast it with contact cleaner, let it all drip out (taking the crud with it), then re-oil the axles and re-grease the gears. Be warned though, after you get it cleaned up, it'll look more like it's jet-powered than steam-powered. :)