I Just Can't Help Myself (jon-monon Made Me Do It)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I just can’t help it, I had to take more pictures. And besides jon-monon made me to do it.:D

Here is my IHC Reading Mikado at the water tower with a string of boxcars.

aku.jpg

This is an Accurail undecorated kit that I custom painted and lettered for Rutland.

akv.jpg

Here is another picture of the Mikado. This time going the other way.

aky.jpg

This is a going away shot of an Atheran undecorated wood boxcar that I custom painted and lettered for Lehigh Valley.

akz.jpg

Here is a picture of another undecorated Athearn wood boxcar. This one painted and lettered for Rutland.

alb.jpg

Lastly here is another shot of the Lehigh Valley boxcar.

alc.jpg

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hey Tom,
Don't let Jon push you into anything mate, I'll do it in future :D

Very nice pics indeed, love that loco in the top photo, so I (Hope you don't mind) made it brighter.:D

Shamus

Attachments

• aku.jpg
    aku.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 153

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks guys for the comments.

Shamus

No problem about “fixing” the photo. I am currently digitally camera challenged right now. I am using an old probably first generation borrowed digital camera, my lighting is an overhead fluorescent light and an old lamp with a 60 watt light bulb. Also I have no decent photo editor. The freeware I have is very limited. Hopefully later this summer I will acquire my own camera. The only other problem is our computer needs to be replaced. We have not purchased any new software in the last six months because most of the newer stuff won’t run on our system.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Tom,
Okay friend I understand. You say you have fluorescent tubes on the ceiling, are these daylight type or Cool white. If Cool whites, these are not the daylight type. and will always leave a cast.

I use Philips TL'd 58Watt/950's if thats a help.
You can alter the white balance in the camera to match this set-up perfectly.

Shamus

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Again thanks everyone!

Shamus, I hate to admit this I don’t know what type of lights the over florescents are. They came with the house and we moved in 13 years ago. I have not had to change them and they come on when you turn on the basement light. The fixture looks like first generation florescent light. I have two newer shop lights in the basement that are used less and I have changed the bulbs in them several times. I am aware of the different color shifts with different types of lights but right now I don’t have the ability to do much about plus the camera is so poor I don’t think it would matter much. So go ahead and "fix" any you think need it because I need all the help I can get. :D

Jon
I remembered the topic after you posted the link here. I kept meaning to go back to it and get the information. Thanks for the reminder. I downloaded the program and yes it seems to work on my system. Now I just have to figure out how I can use it.

Ed G.
I love it! How did you do that?