I have cancer.

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by Rhaven Blaack, Jul 14, 2016.

1. wingsabre

wingsabre New Member

I'm sorry to hear about the cancer. Hope the Whipple procedure is a success and you'll recover without any issues.
  2. RonaldoM

RonaldoM Member

That's great ! You will feel better day after day. Soon it will be just an experience to remember
    Rhaven Blaack likes this.
  3. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I am getting up more and doing more stuff around the house.
    My appetite is still (mostly) nonexistent. I drink ensure throughout the day and do what I can to eat.
  4. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

You really should consider medical Marijuana, that stuff gives you the munchies something terrible!
    cg admin likes this.
  5. Rhaven Blaack

I would like to try it, however, it makes me vomit!
    Sanginus likes this.
  6. zathros

Not the smoking kind, the chemical derivative. It bonds to thee Cannibinoid receptors directly, and has all the other stuff taken out. In your case, you're looking for THC pills, (Tetrahydrocannabinol). :)
  7. sadie

sadie New Member

If fighting cancer, gaining full recovery and getting health back can be thought of, it can be Done!! Will be thinking of you :)
  8. SonOfAGun2501

SonOfAGun2501 Member

Best of luck. I am sure you will be back on your feet in no time. Stay strong, we are all pulling for you.
  9. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Fed the wife so looking to see how your doing RB :)
  10. Rhaven Blaack

I am sorry that I did not post earlier, however, I was in the hospital for about three weeks (due to the blood thinners that I was given at the time). So I have to take IV antibiotics and have two (new) abdominal drainage tubes for the next 6 weeks. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper.

I am back home now.
    blake7 likes this.
  11. blake7

blake7 Member

I am glad to hear your back home.
  12. zathros

You're one my mind every day, multiple times. I want to call, but feel like I will be bugging you. Call me, whenever, at whatever time, when your up to it. :)
  13. Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder Member Extraordinaire

Good news RB. Those tubes can be quite "draining". Sorry, couldn't resist. Make a speedy recovery!
  14. Rhaven Blaack

You are always welcome to call me (24/7/365). It would not bother me at all. So do not worry about it!
    I will give you a call later today.
  15. Rhaven Blaack

Cybergrinder likes this.
  16. bgt01

bgt01 Exemplary Confidant

Glad you're back home. Keep on keeping on!
  17. Gandolf50

Gandolf50 Researcher of obscure between war vehicles... Moderator

Glad to hear you are back home..that is usually the best place for comfort and healing...those meds are a pain..had one awhile back supposed to lessen the effects of another, but ended up constricting my urethra so much I looked like a dripping faucet!
    Relax! Take it easy! Get Better!! Dr. Gands orders!:)
  18. Rhaven Blaack

I am taking it easy as possible. I have a GREAT support system here at home. My fiance (who is retired RN) is an AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL woman. She has been helping me every step of the way (everything from keeping trap of my meds to keeping an eye on my overall health in general). Not only that but her children (who are now adults and both going to college) are very helpful as well.

I also have to say THANK YOU to each and everyone of you here in Zealot for the kind words of encouragement and support. I GREATLY APPRECIATE it! You are all WONDERFUL people and I am VERY GRATEFUL to be part of this forum and have the opportunity to part of this forum.

Once again, THANK YOU ALL!!!
    bgt01, sadie, ASC Mclaren and 2 others like this.
  19. zathros

Amazing conversation last night, and timely too!! :)
  20. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

:toast:Here is a toast to you for a speedy recovery!