I have been abit "Lax" too

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by GEEDUBBYA, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Well for those of you who dont know me or havent met me or read one of my postings, I am GEEDUBBYA (thats G. W., my first name is Greg).
    Anyway, I have been an avid "plastic" model kit builder since about age 6, i am 40 now. I have built most every plastic kit that I could find in stores in my town, in surrounding town and even those in towns where I vacation. I was in plastic model heaven the first yr I went to the HOME OF THE BLUE ANGELS in pensecola, Fla. to the pensecola naval airstation. That has to be one of the best exhibits of aircraft in the US.
    Anyway, as I was saying, I have been lax in introducing myself also, so HOWDY ALL! I am from pine bluff, arkansas, home to 12% of the US stockpile of chemical weapons and the home to the national center for tocxicological research (N.C.T.R..... the ppl who bring you vx and bz nerve agents).
    I am senior machinist at a transformer factory, power transformers, not the "more than meets the eye" ones. I have been there for 20 yrs.
    I majored in commercial art/advertising in college (wasted that education huh? lol) and I have built, at work, in my "spare time", a working replica of an argus pulse jet engine which slid a 300 lb all steel welding table w/o wheels across a concrete floor in the shop before I could get it shut down, and I also built a fanjet, which "blew up" 3 thanksgivings ago while testing it (the fan shattered, no real explosion).
    So one day I was looking at models on the net and came across a free card model, fiddler greens j-3 piper cub, i built it in about 4 hrs and have been hooked since then....this was jan 17, 2005. I counted my downloads of freebies earlier tonight and i have....33 zip files of freebies mostly planes and 45 pdf files. So I will be busy for awhile. all but two or three are of aircraft, ranging from the antonov an-12 soviet transport, the russian answer to the c-130, to the wright flyer, their early glider.
    Being new to this hobby, I was amazed at how many ppl there are that enjoy it. I am the type person that I love to share what I enjoy so, if I can help ya, or if I have something ya need, feel free to contact me, cause I wont be bashful about asking for someone elses help if i need it.
    I have rambled long enough, thanks for including me in your group guys.

2. Gil

Gil Active Member

Welcome from the Lurch Greg!

Advertising to Machinist hmmmmm, sounds strange enough for the likes of us. Yes, it's an obscure hobby at best but with the PCs, color printers, CAD, Paint packages, high priced plastic kits and the reach of the World Wide Web it's undergoing a renaissance that seems to be spreading slowly but steadily. So read the instructions that come with the voices and you just might be able to build a Halinski model without the English cheat sheet....,

Best regards, Gil

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

howdy Bill,

hahaha, yeah them instructions come in handy at times, even those from "the voices". I try to change up my "signature" at least every other day, I like to try to bring a smile or reasonable facsimile to ppls faces whenever i can. I was about to change it when I got your reply. But, what I was gonna change it to, sums up the reason that I change it so often in the first place so this is a "freebie saying".

"I was gonna be a comic, but ppl laughed at me so i quit"

and thank you for the welcome Bill and all of ya.

4. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

There's an English cheat sheet for Halinski kits?? 8v)

Welcome Greg...albeit a bit late. 8v)

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Ash,

Thanks for the welcome. I realy enjoy the forums here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.