I Hate Rice

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by AE86 Drifter, Jun 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Oh, and this is more so aimed tword Lil_Angel then anyone else... but You going to the Drift this sunday? Its up at PPIR. Its gona be all day and some of the worlds best are going to be there. Ill try and get some shots of cars and whatnot for you guys to gock over :wink: . I think Magic Monkeys gona be there, the HKS, Falkon drift team... ect ect....
  2. Lil_angel

Lil_angel Guest

:shock: Cagle, has raced track? Oh my!!! I'm gonna have to talk with him about this tonight.

*Okay, I've changed my mind Track racing is not safe at all, nope not all. Must stay off of all tracks.* Hehe
  3. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Lol... you didnt know? He went to all the good schools and stuff. Hes the one i always refer to... I think hes drivin Indi... i know hes drivin a TON of other cars tho...
  4. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

okay sparkey you have been mislead in tuning of a streetracer.
    suspension is important because it basically dictates how you can launch the car. the launch is very very important. if you have 9999hp you gotta be able to get it moving with as little tirespin as possible
    spring are part of the suspension and a very important part at that
    oil???? what do you mean
    compression definitely that is part of posting the big numbers on the dyno and also means you may need 113octan race gas. i mean a lotta guys running all motor are running 12:1 up to 14:1 compression and as we all know that is gonna need some race gas.
    weight hell yeah weight is a big thing. rule of thumb says that for about every 100 pound you eliminate that it is wort approx. one tenth of a second which can mean a whole lot
    but yes in many cases street racers leave the whole functional interior in order to make people believe it isnt fast.
    not too long ago in chevy high performance there was an article about a crazy street sleeper from memphis i will post pics soon. it is a 72 chevelle full interior with a rollcage. everything inside has been hidden including tack,all gauges, everything, the shift light is inside an ac vent) ran it at the track once. the guy is a legend in memphis street racing. he refuses to pop hoods and trunks due to what he is hiding. I had seen this car so many times at the local hangout and never knew a thing. But wow do i know now that thing is so bad ass.
  5. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

WIth oil, i was thinking RC with changeable Shock oil... i dont think that is to big a factor as it is with RC... i may be wrong tho...

With the suspension, i ment its not important... people dont think that. When you think of launch (well, normal street racers) they want Clutch, trany, and tires to do a good launch... they dont think about weight shifts...

And if someone was to refuse to pop to me... i would refuse to race because they are a wussy. They supe the car, and want to win, but how? By wussying out. I dont mind not seeing gauges or anything... i think that is a GREAT idea and i would like to meet him for that. But if you dont pop, it shows your scared... For all i know he could not pop just because hes running a jet engine in there... never know. But it just shows your scared and only want to prey on people who are COMPLETELY un-expecting it. Now, if he was to just pull beside me and want to race... if i can set my ECU before the light... Sure... why not. I might not put money on it, but just for S&G. If he just totally waxes me, id give props and ask to see what hes running, just to give props...
  6. Lil_angel

Lil_angel Guest

No, I didn't know.

Are you sure this is "Cagle" we're both talking about here?
    Cagle: 23, red hair, lives at home with mom, makes interesting comments, and won't quit hitting on me.
  7. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Not sure about the living with mom... but rest sounds good. James Cagle. Last time i seen him he had a Pony Tail. Has tendancy to hit on 90% of all girls... Yup. Thats him. Thats why hes all into RX-7's and Plays Formula De any chance he can get...
  8. Lil_angel

Lil_angel Guest

Okay, we are talking about the same Cagle.
    He still has a pony tail and yep he's still like that with girls. I just wish he wouldn't hit on me. He's nice but not my type.
  9. Howielong

Howielong Guest

Ricers don't you hate them all. All show and no go.
  10. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Howie... you are so about to start another war... we just not but 5 min ago got done argueing that ricers go for looks, however some accually have brains and make it look like the avg ricer, but will smoke most circut cars.
  11. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

12. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Thx... couldnt think of it...
  13. Howielong

Howielong Guest

Yes i know but i just felt like posting it.
  14. Lil_angel

Lil_angel Guest

:p Well it wasn't a good idea. I mean you really don't want to get SpArKey and I going again.
  15. i saw a civic the other day and it was all lowered with a body kit looked good but on the back it said hybrid. i thought it was funny. it was ont of the old ones

i dont now if anyone thought of this but the reason people spend money on there civics is because in japan the dont have muscle cars and chevy big blocks etc, all tha have are civics and other things. that is why i think people spend so much on civics.

for the record i half azn and half white so i love cars that are lowered and have body kits and stuff but i also know and love that a muscle car could blow the doors of any rice rocket any day. big block-cant touch that :D
  16. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Yes, but they also have the skyline that can make a muscle car look rice.

And even in Japan, rice is less. Have you seen the Top Secret Vids and just all the videos of street Drifting and raceing? Most of them are RX-7's, Skylines, Scoobys, Supras and all the other cars (ok... scoobys are exactly "rare...") you dont see often on American Soil. They dont look "rice". They are fully fuctional speed deamons.

If you EVER get the chance play Tokyo Extreme racer Zero, 1, 2 If you can find it... and if you do tell me plz, or 3. That is EXACTLY how Tokyo raceing goes. They do slight rice things such as Lights and body kits because sometimes they dont work to their advantage of areodynamics.
  17. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

in japan...they have more than just civics, they also have skyline (fast but heavy)etc. i, myself, do not like civics. muscles cars with big blocks that lag their heavy asses around dont really cut it in the mountain runs at the touges because all they have is huge power but not much balance. if you take a mod mustang and take it to the touge and match it up with an FD3S...the only muscle that the mustang will be showing is the muscle thats lagging its heavy load. the only thing a muscle car can actually beat an import is if its in drag races--which does not really involve any skill. my point is...there is no deifinte answer to which kinds of cars are better, it depends on what kind of race and also on the driver. i hope that settles it :wink:
  18. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

" touges"

iv been trying to think of that for the longest time...

And iv have to disagree with you about moutian runs and mustangs...

You all know Pikes peak, right? Or if not, look up Pikes Peak hill climb. Its a 12.43 mi long run up pikes peak. They have a class, Super Stock, it consisted of a 2k3 Mustang, and camero SS. This is a UPHILL race threw dirt (at that time it was mud....) and the mustangs and cameros were hitting over 80 MPH in mud and rain soaked tarmac... over a 30 degree angle turn.. and running on dry weather tires...

So depending on the build of the car, accually. Cause in a stright line, i dont think a camero or mustang will beat mod skyline. Up hill a skyline wont beat a muscle car, down hill more so depends on the driver.

Theres just to many variables to come to one conculsion...
  19. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

ye...i agree with "it depends on the driver and car setup building"
  20. tsispyder

tsispyder Guest

1.the other thing that gripes me is that people think that honda's are race cars. I find it hard to believe that an 18 second qurter mile car is a race car. so then they always go on to explain to me that they are built to handle well. Not saying that they arent,but it is funny when they try to make fun of camaro SS's.

Hondas can be great race cars...ever watched SCCA? great examples of budget race cars.....they are all around....

2.then this guy around here pours 10 grand into his Del Sol and it runs high 12's and doesnt help handling

at retail prices it only takes about 4 grand...ive done it to a friends car....12.8 1/4 mile wiht a t3/t4 setup

3. agree with you that MANY dont know how to tune a car, and then they just put on a new muffler on, not even a new exhaust system, but only the the back muffler w. a 3" exit pipe

I completely agree, alo tof peope olthink they know how to tune nad post a thread...."advanced timing 7 degress and had detonation" but as far as the fart can.....my piping is 3" and my tip sixe is well ovre that...but its functional.....you cant make assumptions based on an exhaust hehe.

4.Also, I dont know why so many people over tune a FWD car, they say it's far superior to my RWD car, and say that is mine ever got the same ammount of HP they would still smoke my car since their car is lighter. Hmm dont they know that when a car accelerates, the front lifts and weight is shifted to the back? Thus making more wheelspin on an FWD than an RWD, and the RWD car would pull faster off the line.

A properly set up FWD can be superior to a RWD car. Say a honda hatch, set of tein coilovers with the adjustable dampning shocks...(its a threaded shockbody coilover) \, Camber plates, sway bars, and strut towers.....will most likely outhandle most RWD cars...though mind you there will always b e an exception....But set up right...a RWD and FWD car can be very potent Turners.....but the FWD would be my liking because im not a fan of gross oversteer that i get wiht a RWD cause im not used to them...everyone has their preferences.

5.Also a guy from König in Sweden once said that putting anything more than 220hp in a FWD car would be insane, as it would be VERY hard to keep from understeering in almost ANY corner.. Yet I see many people overpowering so to speak, their FWD cars.

Very true....But i have 2409 to the wheels on my car...adn i dont understeer....Your suspension determines how the car handles.....if is a stock suspension...its gona handle stock....the more research and effort you put into tuning your car...you are able to do what you want with your car...say a honda with a larger diameter sway bar, stiffer shocks and a slightly higher spring rae will oversteer if put in the right hands.

i woudl g hrough the rest of the thread but i gotta go get PVC>...anwyays the rice debate is overrated....everyone has hteir views...my car may be rice to some peopel , but its mine nad theres only one in the world literally like it....they dont make a talon spyder lol.....but just enjoy your cars...dont make fun of someone just cause their car is a honda or has a bunch of stickers....if thats what tehy liek go \for it...but you wont see me doin it lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.