I Hate Rice

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by AE86 Drifter, Jun 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

okay first off lets start by me explaining RICE.
    Rice is not an import in general or not every honda civic for that matter.

Rice is any nasty car with a 50 dollar APC whale tale wing and an Autozone special Fart Can.also neons and a body kit rolling on stock wheels...... no wait hubcaps and an APC sticker across the windows.
    that is rice. The only way a nice import is rice is if he is the idiot doing burnouts and ebrake slides getting everyone kicked out of the hangout spot by the cops.
    i myself love all types of cars. Id rather be driving a big V8 american car but that doesnt mean i wouldnt drive an AE86, Civic, Supra, RX-7 etc.

One thing that gripes me about people and cars is the crowds that are generally stereotyped as being associated with that type of car.
    hence you see something on 20 inch wheels it is ghetto(it could be a 10 second street car) you drive a Monte Carlo or any mid 80s GM car you are a redneck. you drive a civic,supra, etc. you are a ricer.
    get my point. I just wish that people into all types of cars could all get along and respect & understand each others choices.
    Just cause you drive a rwd american car doesnt mean you dont respect the guy in the EVO VIII that pulls up next to you at the stop light.

the other thing that gripes me is that people think that honda's are race cars. I find it hard to believe that an 18 second qurter mile car is a race car. so then they always go on to explain to me that they are built to handle well. Not saying that they arent,but it is funny when they try to make fun of camaro SS's. They always call em solid axle pices of RWD shit. That is really funny because Hondas stock pull around .79 G's on the lateral skidpad whereas Camaro SS's pull .89 G's. That is a big difference and proves that that solid axle GM pos can out handle the civic all day. So not only would the camaro out perform it on the drag strip but also the race track, given you have two highly skilled drivers. s then this guy around here pours 10 grand into his Del Sol and it runs high 12's and doesnt help handling. That is a cool car dont get me wrong. i just dont see spending that much money on top of purchasing the car for that lame amount of performance. for just 10 grand alone I could purchase a 96 Z28 and have 4 grand left. stock it will out handle the honda (Z28 = .85 G's lat. skidpad) with 4 grand i could do a whole lot but with just a small nitrous system it could be in the 11's. And it wouldnt but lets just say the nitrous caused detonation. I would have enough money to replace anything that broke. I just think that the american V8 is just more fun and easier to build on a budget.
    And i've provided a few facts that prove my point!

but still dont get me wrong, I am not saying i hate hondas or any imports. The only thing i hate is the attitude of the people associated with different types of cars. i wish that we could all appreciate and RESPECT each others cars and each other. all of the different car crowds should unite as one
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Good points... however the reason most Racers (mainly in america...) dont put money into handleing, Weight, stablizers, ect. Is that WHY? 90% of american races take place on the longest strightest places. Therefore your notgoing to turn, so why put money into it?

Now, with the Honda guys... 90% of honda guys ruin it all for the performance guys. Now, with delsol, runin 12's is nothign... ill try and get specs of this guys Delsol that stops in my dads shop... Hes runnin a something B Engine (it was my dad i got the info from... if it was me id be something more spacific such as RB26DETT...) and a A engine is pure race non street legal. My dad says when he pulls out of the shop, hes goin with smoke from the tires... just pullin rubber off like nothing. That their proves some people know what they are doing...

With G's... thats nothing. All that proves is how fast it launches... My cousins S10 probly could pull a G with the right tires, and MABY a new exhaust...

I too hate all the preps e-brakeing in the lots and what not thinking they can drift and getting us kicked from "the spot" as we only have one left due to that crap.

Over all i agree with you all the way... its the people who put fart cans and underglow that just need to leave. Thats why i cant wait to get my 2.5RS. Its kinda under the radar, and with minimal money can REALLY hold its own... So when i race ill race for promise... I win, you promise me to NEVER be stupid at any street meets... you win... ill promise to say your a car god - Something like that...
  3. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

good points but you missed something
    I said G's on the lateral skidpad not launching G's
    In that test they go in a circle accelerating slowly to see how many gs the car can withstand latteraly. There is a big differece. Lateral Gs say how fast a car can turn and stick to the road while doing that.
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Ah... i just mis-read it. Are those stock points or new tires? Cause a BBS rimed and Perlli tired 2.5RS can almost pull 1G on Lat. It gets like .93...
  5. I agree with you that MANY dont know how to tune a car, and then they just put on a new muffler on, not even a new exhaust system, but only the the back muffler w. a 3" exit pipe (I dont know is thats the right term, as I'm from Denmark, so I dont know how the technical tems would translate...)

Also, I dont know why so many people over tune a FWD car, they say it's far superior to my RWD car, and say that is mine ever got the same ammount of HP they would still smoke my car since their car is lighter.
    Hmm dont they know that when a car accelerates, the front lifts and weight is shifted to the back? Thus making more wheelspin on an FWD than an RWD, and the RWD car would pull faster off the line.
    Also a guy from König in Sweden once said that putting anything more than 220hp in a FWD car would be insane, as it would be VERY hard to keep from understeering in almost ANY corner.. Yet I see many people overpowering so to speak, their FWD cars.

A few days ago I saw a guy with a Toyota Starlet, he had it lowered, put in the 1.5 12V (stock is a 1.2 12V) w. 90hp. running 15" alu.'s (which is pretty big for a starlet), and a new muffler on the back, I checked the rest of the exhaust, it was still stock... or it could have been a new one, but I have never seen a company making 1" sports exhausts :lol: :wink:
    He has fitted some side skirts from a Pug 106, so they were cut up in diff. places, and made shorter just to fit, and it looked horrible, and with the stock front and rear bumper, you can imagine how it looked...

But, he came over (we were @ a parking lot, alot of cars there, I just lost to one of my friends CRX.. Grr!!) and laughed cos' I lost to the CRX, and telling that with the huge weight advantage his car had over mine would easily make up for his lack of HP (I have 120hp (the CRX has 136).. not much, but we dont have big 200+hp cars as regular road cars over here...)
    So a race was ofcourse set up... So we waited alittle while the other once raced till it was our turn...
    Well.... lets just say he lost pretty big in the race (a straight drag race isnt very exciting to talk about, and since it's an illigal street race, there's no ET or trap speed..)

Well after the race he came up to me, and said he wanted a rematch, cos' his start was messed up, and he had trouble getting into 3rd (remember the Starlet is a 4 speed my Sierra 5spd...), and he had too much wheelspin.
    That night I raced him two times again, and beat him in every race, but after the third once, he said he needed to get more gas, but next time we meet he wanted another race.... He then blasted off the lot with alot of wheelspin, and made an handbrake turn at the exit.
    Before he drove off, I noticed alittle sticker behind his "Starlet" mark, it said "Tuned By TRD" I nearly craped my pants that was how hard I laughed.... I think if TRD EVER say that sticker, they would ask him to remove his car from their sticker!!! (and that last statement is supposed to go like that..)
  6. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Its always fun seing those people tho... i Know this guy with a Stock Civ HB. Hes runnin junkyard (i mean from a junkyard) exhaust, 1'' lowering springs, junkyard rims, and the rest (that i rember.. .was long time ago) is stock. Wanted to race my cousins WRX with Stage 2, Exhaust, and new Lopros... Can you say WAX!

But my set up im going to put on my car's going to look like this...

06' Subaru 2.5RS
    Exhaust kit (yet to decide... still have a year before i get the car)
    STi CAI
    STi 6 Speed (unless the 2.5RS already has 6, but i think its only got a 5 stock...)
    BBS Gold 6 spoke Rims
    Perlli Lo Pros (i get a discount...)
    ECU (unsure of the name...)

And thats just what i have lined up for the first year. I dont know what company to get but my cousin's friend is runnin a 2.5RS runnin 11's i think. So ill get what hes runnin provided i have the money. But his car is SERIOUS race quality... Hes got a full body rollcage...

Its been raining all week so im unsure if we will have our "meet" this week.. if so ill get pics of some of the Ricers, Nice cars, and try to get the specs on that 2.5 RS so i can just stop talking about it and show facts!
  7. Well I still dont know why so many people chooce BBS over ANY other brand, atleast the 6 spoke are a nice set of rims (since you're going for gold rims, I prosume the Subbie will be a perl blue ?), but I see FAR to many people running on the rims that made BBS so popular, which are the '80 style mesh wheels. They are not very good looking, nor very rubust.

When want some rims, I go for OZ, since they make the lightest one peice rim IN THE WORLD!! Not that other manuf. are bad, but OZ have decates of know-how from the track, and they are build to last, and since they are very light, they dont add too much to the cars, weight, the brakes disks wont need replacing, and you dont have to get new stronger calipers to get the car to stop. (Every time I see an american H2 or Escalade (BTW: I HATE! these cars) in the TV, and he's on 24" or something, chrome rims. You always get a close up of the wheel setup, and far too often you see one with the stock brakes! it's almost suicide to drive like that!)
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

True... however... i dont have the money for OZ. Im skimping for BBS... Or it may have been Producdrive (sp) rims that i was looking at...

And im unsure of if i want to be orignial and go Blue Mica, be a little differnt and get Bayside blue, or go with Black. My cousin had white... but that just looks blazhe...

I would go for uped calps and pads, however in a stright line you dont need to slow much...
  9. But you are going to drive the car on the road right? Thats when it startes to get dangerous on stock disks/calipers. But the stock brake system on the Impreza is pretty good, since it's made to take alittle beating :wink:

Also, here in DK OZ is cheaper than BBS... So thats why I dont knowm why anyone would chooce BBS over OZ, atleast over here.
  10. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Its fun talking with people across the worlld! You can learn some stuffs! I wish i could get a STi imported from Japan just so i could have the right hand driver... then i could have the exact same rims and everything as the next STi, yet still be diffrent.
  11. Ahhh an STi would be great! also, atm there are no more than 50 WRX's here in DK.... Grrrr (Oh and BTW, is you thought we has RHD cars.. well no, on the UK has that here in Europe, but yes, Japan also.)

Doesnt the STi come in LHD? I Thought the STi is out in the US...
  12. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

It is... however no one here has a RHD. I would LOVE that... a RHD STi (Or any STi for that matter... thats why im getting the 2.5 RS... its a STi without Turbo or CAI) or a Skyline R33, R34 -wich ever, as long as it comes with a RB26DETT.
  13. Well R32, R33 and R43 have the RB26DETT... You could also get a converted 240SX w. an RB26DETT... which pretty much OWNS alot of cars and would still be quite unique...
  14. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Lol.. nope... Iv seen 2 RB26DETT conversons for a 240SX, and they tried a 180SX, dont know if that one worked. And thats just local within like 10 mi radius...

I can try and cram a RB26DETT in a STi... Joke...
  15. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

I have always wanted a subaru. I hope you get one sparky. I just cant afford one. i am tryin to put money in my 67 Impala. I would love for it to be a Twin turbo big block chevy.
  16. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Thx... Impalas are BADASS! My dad had one for his first car.

But im fairly sure im getting a 2.5RS. Unless something goes wrong.

Because my aunts giving me her CR-V wich today is worth 11k... trade. So in a year it will be worth probly 8 trade, 9 Sell by owner. That right there is half the cost of the car... So i REALLY hope i can get it... or else ill have to cry untill i can...
  17. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

Hey man i got a better idea...................
    Cry until your parents buy you the car then sell the CRV and put
    8 grand into the subaru :twisted:
  18. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

My parents are about to get a divorce and my dad just bought a Suzuki GSXR 1000... we are STRAPED for money...
  19. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

I feel you
    Your Dad has got one hell of a bike
  20. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Yup... its not stock tho... its got a Yohamura exhaust kit, CAI, ECU, and engine polish. It will smoke any Hyabusa and R1 on the street. Oh, and to be on topic... any ricer!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.