I hate it when this happens

SAL Comet

Bumped a car and it fell off the track, off the edge of the benchwork, and took the other eight cars and the loco with it. :curse: :curse: :curse: No major damage, a few broken couplers and mad as hail. :mad: :mad: :mad: Good thing the floor is carpeted.

Woodie

Well, Scott!! At least you know they go DOWN the incline!! :eek: ... now... do they get back up it!!

....... and we've all done it! Doubt there is anyone that hasn't! :curse:

kf4jqd

I have had entire trains derail and fall off on the concrete floor!!! I have learded a lesson. I have "walls" now around the edges. My next layout will have plexity glass on the edges.

Andy

Sir_Prize

Plexiglass... Doesn't just keep'em out
...keeps'em in too.

Club layout... Scale 2 mile long tunnel in the back loop... we had 4 inch pillow foam under there. Works ok, except if they hit right. Then they bounce into the wall.

dhutch

yeah, i have wall al arounf my layout, or else the track work is a long way from the edge!

- my brother sill managed to nose-dive my Grafar tender loco and 6 coaches of the end of siding - he miss read the points (AGAIN) and went off the end at full power, taking the buffers with him over the wall and off the edge

- fortuanatly it landed onto a cushioned chair, and the only damaged was a bent loco/tender bar, which straightened nicely after a releaved my brother of the £5 the a new one would have cost!

daniel

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I once had a train derail and take about 5-7 cars down with it and the only thing wrong with the locomotive was the couplers broke off, nothing wrong with the cars though.

ausien

To all the members of the ss clutz; move over and save me an ore...for I am a fully paid up member of the crew..:curse: :mad: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :D :D :D :D

LIRR

I loaded up five or six bachman train set quaility hoppers with woodland scenics ballast and sent them up a grade as a "Work extra". At the top of the grade the track was a bit warped (Go go unfinished basments!") and this caused the horn-hooks :eek:ops: coupled to the engine to come undone....and well they went down that grade and took that 18'' curve at the bottom like a square peg in a round hole, ballast everywhere.

God I hated that layout. Too big, poorly planned and zero operational use (hey i was like 9 at the time and i wanted a big layout.)

ausien

oldmax,
you may have a new layou there, submarine trans atlantic RR...:rolleyes: :thumb: :D :D

capt turk,
try putting on wings and see if they can feep up to the F-14.:D :D

lirr,
Did you learn the lesson?... smaller is sometimes better:cool: :cool: :D