I hate it when this happens

SAL Comet

May 13, 2004
N.W. Georgia
Bumped a car and it fell off the track, off the edge of the benchwork, and took the other eight cars and the loco with it. :curse: :curse: :curse: No major damage, a few broken couplers and mad as hail. :mad: :mad: :mad: Good thing the floor is carpeted.

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Plexiglass... Doesn't just keep'em out
...keeps'em in too.

Club layout... Scale 2 mile long tunnel in the back loop... we had 4 inch pillow foam under there. Works ok, except if they hit right. Then they bounce into the wall.

dhutch

Nov 14, 2004
www.spurstow.com
yeah, i have wall al arounf my layout, or else the track work is a long way from the edge!

- my brother sill managed to nose-dive my Grafar tender loco and 6 coaches of the end of siding - he miss read the points (AGAIN) and went off the end at full power, taking the buffers with him over the wall and off the edge

- fortuanatly it landed onto a cushioned chair, and the only damaged was a bent loco/tender bar, which straightened nicely after a releaved my brother of the £5 the a new one would have cost!

daniel

LIRR

Dec 19, 2004
I loaded up five or six bachman train set quaility hoppers with woodland scenics ballast and sent them up a grade as a "Work extra". At the top of the grade the track was a bit warped (Go go unfinished basments!") and this caused the horn-hooks :eek:ops: coupled to the engine to come undone....and well they went down that grade and took that 18'' curve at the bottom like a square peg in a round hole, ballast everywhere.

God I hated that layout. Too big, poorly planned and zero operational use (hey i was like 9 at the time and i wanted a big layout.)

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
oldmax,
you may have a new layou there, submarine trans atlantic RR...:rolleyes: :thumb: :D :D

capt turk,
try putting on wings and see if they can feep up to the F-14.:D :D

lirr,
Did you learn the lesson?... smaller is sometimes better:cool: :cool: :D