I hate it when this happens

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by SAL Comet, Dec 18, 2004.

1. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

Bumped a car and it fell off the track, off the edge of the benchwork, and took the other eight cars and the loco with it. :curse: :curse: :curse: No major damage, a few broken couplers and mad as hail. :mad: :mad: :mad: Good thing the floor is carpeted.
  2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

:( :( :( You ever notice that cars will uncouple on their own..... Until you WANT them to!!!!! :( :(
  3. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

Ya know Mikey, I was thinking the same thing. Murphy's law I think?
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Nice to know I'm not the only klutz here! :D
  5. ak-milw

ak-milw New Member

I think that has happened to just about all of us at one time!:eek:
  6. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

yep same boat here too...but I drove mine off the layout knew I sould wire it dead at a lift when it was open :mad: :mad: Rich
  7. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Yep, been there, done that!
  8. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

Been there, done that, and will happen again. That's life, but sadly Walgreens can't help us here.
  9. hoyle

hoyle Member

Now if the trains are HO when they fall they will brake.
  10. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Well, Scott!! At least you know they go DOWN the incline!! :eek: ... now... do they get back up it!!

....... and we've all done it! Doubt there is anyone that hasn't! :curse:
  11. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Read Decemebers E-Mag Crew Quarters.....
  12. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

I have had entire trains derail and fall off on the concrete floor!!! I have learded a lesson. I have "walls" now around the edges. My next layout will have plexity glass on the edges.

13. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Plexiglass... Doesn't just keep'em out
    ...keeps'em in too.

Club layout... Scale 2 mile long tunnel in the back loop... we had 4 inch pillow foam under there. Works ok, except if they hit right. Then they bounce into the wall.
  14. dhutch

dhutch Member

yeah, i have wall al arounf my layout, or else the track work is a long way from the edge!

- my brother sill managed to nose-dive my Grafar tender loco and 6 coaches of the end of siding - he miss read the points (AGAIN) and went off the end at full power, taking the buffers with him over the wall and off the edge

- fortuanatly it landed onto a cushioned chair, and the only damaged was a bent loco/tender bar, which straightened nicely after a releaved my brother of the £5 the a new one would have cost!

15. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

I once had a train derail and take about 5-7 cars down with it and the only thing wrong with the locomotive was the couplers broke off, nothing wrong with the cars though.
  16. ausien

ausien Active Member

To all the members of the ss clutz; move over and save me an ore...for I am a fully paid up member of the crew..:curse: :mad: :oops: :oops: :D :D :D :D
  17. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

Steve, It looks like we have a full boat on this one. Someone scoot over.
  18. Oldmax

Oldmax Member

:oops: :oops: :oops: I have a friend that dropped three engines & 27 cars off a trusell 36" high what a pile up! "G" Scale I was running A stanz ,one with Sound & Smoke it quit chufing I Looked around to see it going under water in the gold fish pond.I ran over reterived it from pond shook water out then let dry for about a week put back on track it ran fine & is atill runing after 3 years. So it happens to all of us.
  19. capt_turk

capt_turk Member

I think my locos having been playing with the model F-14 while I'm asleep. They sure think that they can fly.
  20. LIRR

LIRR Member

I loaded up five or six bachman train set quaility hoppers with woodland scenics ballast and sent them up a grade as a "Work extra". At the top of the grade the track was a bit warped (Go go unfinished basments!") and this caused the horn-hooks :oops: coupled to the engine to come undone....and well they went down that grade and took that 18'' curve at the bottom like a square peg in a round hole, ballast everywhere.

God I hated that layout. Too big, poorly planned and zero operational use (hey i was like 9 at the time and i wanted a big layout.)