I had a weak moment in Holland

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by grumbeast, May 29, 2005.

1. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Hi Everyone,

I've been on vacation in Holland for the last few weeks (photo's to follow.. waiting for the slides). I had a weak moment in a lovely model store in Delft and came away with this pretty morsel.

its a DB BR E91

Hope you like.. I just love old Electric loco's .. especially with interesting running gear. This one is also articulated.

Attached Files:

2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

That's a neeat loco GB. European railways have always fascinated me. Looking forward to your holiday photos.
  3. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

In Holland, eh?

It's almost like another chapter of the ongoing "You Know You're A Model Railroader If..." thread. You see, I looked at the thread title, and immediately wondered what type of model railroad equipment Graham had purchased....rather than something he might have smoked. :)
  4. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

That's so true Steve, It was drugs & sex Vs Railways... and I didn't even have to think about making a decision!!, who in thier right mind would choose the former especially when you add amazing artwork to the Railway column. 2 weeks of Vermeer, Rembrandt, Koplopers and amazing station trackwork!

5. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Neat loco! Your title intrigued me too! :)
  6. Zman

Zman Member

Sweet loco!!

I know exactly how you feel. I just dropped $135 on a set of limited edition logging car kits, and I don't even have a logging line!
  7. hswn

hswn Member

I assume you aren't planning on kitbashing that little gem. However at a quick glance I see some Canadian Electrics possible. I have the set of OSHOME drawings, that little gem reminds me of some drawings in that set. I can't remember off hand if it was the Canadian Northern (Canadian Nation) used in Mount Royal Tunnel, or the ones used in Saint Clair Tunnel. The one I'm thinking of was about half the lenth but had that stile of drivers.
  8. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Graham: I had a vision of you staggering along the Wotsitbaan clutching your heart.
    Now I see you were only clutching at your wallet.
    It will make a good start on the Halifax-Dartmouth tunnel.
  9. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Hey, that's the kind of souvenir I like to bring back. Something for the railroad.
  10. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Nice piece of equipment you got there. :thumb: :thumb:
  11. frenchtoast

frenchtoast New Member

woo a Newton!
  12. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

I wondered if someone would notice the Newton! :) all I need now is to get it to work!

13. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Hmmm... Cool!
    ...is it Z scale?
    or are the Newton's that Big?