I had a weak moment in Holland

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
Hi Everyone,

I've been on vacation in Holland for the last few weeks (photo's to follow.. waiting for the slides). I had a weak moment in a lovely model store in Delft and came away with this pretty morsel.

its a DB BR E91

Hope you like.. I just love old Electric loco's .. especially with interesting running gear. This one is also articulated.

Graham

Attachments

• newloco1a.jpg
    newloco1a.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 27
  • newloco2a.jpg
    newloco2a.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 24

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
In Holland, eh?

It's almost like another chapter of the ongoing "You Know You're A Model Railroader If..." thread. You see, I looked at the thread title, and immediately wondered what type of model railroad equipment Graham had purchased....rather than something he might have smoked. :)

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
That's so true Steve, It was drugs & sex Vs Railways... and I didn't even have to think about making a decision!!, who in thier right mind would choose the former especially when you add amazing artwork to the Railway column. 2 weeks of Vermeer, Rembrandt, Koplopers and amazing station trackwork!

Graham

hswn

Aug 19, 2003
South Shore Nova Scotia
Visit site
I assume you aren't planning on kitbashing that little gem. However at a quick glance I see some Canadian Electrics possible. I have the set of OSHOME drawings, that little gem reminds me of some drawings in that set. I can't remember off hand if it was the Canadian Northern (Canadian Nation) used in Mount Royal Tunnel, or the ones used in Saint Clair Tunnel. The one I'm thinking of was about half the lenth but had that stile of drivers.
Brady