I had a rivetting weekend!

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by jon-monon, Oct 14, 2002.

1. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

A coworker saw it and asked what it carries. I said erm, uh, gee, I, uh, leave me alone it's Monday!

Attached Files:

• ota.jpg
      File size:
      90.9 KB
  2. McFortner

McFortner Member

Just could not admit that that was your moonshine car, eh? ;)

3. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

If you look closely, in these photos, one of the ends is always concealed, either by positioning, shadow, or cropping. Coincidence, or tap ? :D :D :D
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Jon, that's a really neat car! :cool: But no matter what it carries, it won't carry it far if you don't put some couplers on it! :eek: :D
  5. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Dag,I told them not to drink any 'til they get the tanker all built up and rollin'!

Or it will go really far if there is an incline; the wheels spin free and it weighted :D :D :D Actually I need to complete the whole bottom. I just stuck that HO passenger truck on for the photo.
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

That's a really interesting looking car, Jon...
    What is it used for?
    If that's an HO passenger truck, then this looks like it might be O scale?
    On30? (resistance is futile, right? :D )
  7. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

looks like you can just pop the top and have a drink or two,oh the h*** with drink the whole car:p rich
  8. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Charlie, I started out just playin' around, and I ended up with a large HOn3, or a small HO, depending how you look at it. In HO, it's 9 ft. wide, 22 ft. long. I didn't measure the height, but it's almost as tall as an HO boxcar (I didn't mean for the cap tp be so tall, I thought I would remove more material to get it to fit, and I didn't plan on an above flush lid). Not well planned, but a good learning exp.

Rich, I think you get a half a shot in 1:1 or 1500 gallons in HO :D :D :D

Now can you guess what materials are used where?

plastic - brass - aluminium - stainless - wood (duh) ;)