I GOT MY RS4

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

I got my RS4 finally! BASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  2. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Congratulations... Radio Shack shall soon fade :) NOT THAT THEY ARE BAD VEHICLES....

Which kit did you get?
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

well if bad means good then i agree.
  4. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

Welcome to the real world of r/c racing!
  5. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

heh its a rs4 3 RTR i got used. I took it apart, and cleaned EVERYTHING and put back together. One thing, is the brake supposed to be that weak? i already haf the setting pretty strong, yet i cant seem to get it to skid its tires :S
  6. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

also found a way to make it mid engine rear wheel drive! take off that shaft going to the front! what if i drive it without the muffler?
  7. bandit1

bandit1 Member

cool, im not sure what u mean by without a muffler, what will it do. but the only thing thatll happen is it'll make it bad#@$%loud.dont think it'll hurt anything but your ears!LOL congrats on the car, i have the same one.
  8. mastmec

mastmec Member

Running it without the muffler is just more chance to get dirt into the engine, put a tuned pipe on it will give you more power, and run cooler.
  9. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Whats the top speed for RS4 3? Its pretty darn fast i must say. If i keep it on full throttle for top speed, any chance of exceeding redline?!?!?
  10. mastmec

mastmec Member

The engines aren't designed for continous WOT. If running in a parking lot at high speeds, run it alittle rich so not to overheat and ruin the top end. Don't hold full throttle too long let it run in the mid range some and blip the throttle to help lube the engine and make sure to keep close watch of the temp. Have fun.
  11. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

I guess i should install throttle return spring on my rs4. Are they universal, meaning any kit can fit any car?!? Also, i guess i should instal a fuel filter too. How much would that cost?
  12. mastmec

mastmec Member

Should only cost a couple of bucks, spring should be for a slide or rotory carb, there's a couple of different springs for each.
  13. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Im having starting troubles

I seem to haf to pull it a few times in the cold and wen it gets wet

I also haf a Q

If I pull the throttle so it rapid accels, howcome it stalls wen i put on the brakes immediately??? What did I do wrong? Does my dirty air filter affect the car? The muffler seems to haf a big buildup of gooey gas, i dont know how it got there. too rich? Plz help, i am noob and haf troubles! Wen its a fresh day, i could start it in 1 or 2 pulls usually, but not today, because maybe it was raining outside :(
  14. mastmec

mastmec Member

If it's not primed right you will yank on it a couple of times, or cold, if it's real cold use a blow drier on the head, warm it up a bit.
    Clean you filter!!!!!!! don't let it get too dirty.
    Check the idle screw on the carb so that it doesn't stall when you apply the brakes. You can clean out the pipe with some alcohol, swish a little in it, and pour it out.
  15. SAVAGE123579

SAVAGE123579 Member

and your engine might be allittle rich try your owners manual
  16. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Ok, thanx for advice. TO the idle setting, i hav it already almost engaging the gear at neutral! If i set it any higher, it would run on neutral at a low speed. Is this normal or what?!?
  17. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Im getting new fuel lines and glow plug so i hope that helps :S
  18. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

I would turn the idle down just a tiny bit. Or But the hpi racing clutch and cut it so that it engages just a little later. That way you wont have to mess with the idle.
  19. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Haha. Am i over tightening the screws? I find i am pushing so hard that the screwdriver slips and the screw fuks up. How far do I push it in? How do i check for an air leak? I pulled the pull start a few times with engine in run condition, i felt resistance like a pinch of the piston. I then pulled off the glow plug and pulled the pull starter, and the engine has no resistance. This good?!?
    thanx
  20. mastmec

mastmec Member

To check the pinch, you will have to pull out the piston/sleeve and check it. What you feel is compression, which you can feel even if the piston/sleeve is worn out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.