I found gramps name from 1938

who_dat73

Jan 18, 2005
Minnesota
Hey everybody did I get a surprise this past weekend I was back in my home town and happened by the old Rock Island Depot that had been boarded up many years and stopped to look in the windows to see what the old place looked like inside after much wondering as a kid.
As I was pearing in the windows I notice pencil writings on some of the bricks I assume since they were all guy names that these were names and dates of the men that had shipped out from the depot for WWII I walked around the building reading names and way up about 7 foot on the wall was a name that I recognized it was my grandfather and marked 1938 he lived 30 miles away in a much bigger town that had a depot of its own so I figured it couldn't have been from the war so I came home and did so family checking and found that gramps had worked the CNW as a teenager before shipping off to the war. so this was gramps saying hi after all these years.
I had never known him as he died when I was very young but to see that blew my mind.
thumbsup.gif
Then through the checking I found after the war Gramps came home to work for the CCC camps and has his name on the plaque as a builder of the Alaskin Railroad .
eek.gif

Then to make a Great night evin better I have a hobo intrest and found a carving from TEX KT in one of the doors
eek.gif

Dont know if yall would be intrested in all this but I figured you might be intrested
Thanks
Mike

who_dat73

Jan 18, 2005
Minnesota
Not at the moment

Sorry N didnt have the cam with me at the time but I will be returning probly in the next week to to get them you can be sure of that...:thumb: