I don't like to kill animals

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by BARX2, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BARX2

BARX2 Member

But I make and exception for venomous snakes. This copperhead made the mistake of crossing the road as I was driving up my street. I wouldn't have tried to kill a non-poisonous snake, but with little kids and pets on our street I thought it best to try and kill this one. My daughter was brave and took the pictures.

Attached Files:

2. BARX2

BARX2 Member

By the way, it was dead when I brought it in the house. :oops:

Attached Files:

3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Not something I would like to have wander into a cracked open door or window.
  4. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Good - you got me worried for a few seconds...
    I have nothing against non-venomus snakes but for security (three kids) I have to deal wit all of them.
    Black racers are smart enough to run as soon as they realize they've been spotted :)thumb:) but pigmy rattlesnakes have to much fighting spirit in addition to venom but shovel usually takes care of that...
  5. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

My wife would freak out if I bought a snake into the house - dead or alive

Definately more than my life's worth - I think i'm sometimes pushing it with card modelling

Mind you that stops me going down the pub, to football matches, having a separeate life, et cetera.

I would make a nice belt or wallet, though

6. BARX2

BARX2 Member

That's a great idea. I wish I would have thought of it. Then I would have killed two birds with one stone. Don't know how to tan snakeskin, but I guess I could find out. I just hope I don't catch another one!
  7. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

And now I have a certain Steve Earle song stuck in my head... :D
  8. redhorse

redhorse Member

We've been getting copperheads in the backyard this spring too, and that Steve Earle song has been stuck in my head for a while now!

I don't have kids, but the stupid dog went and tried to eat one. His muzzle swelled up about twice the normal size and we ended up in the vet emergency ward.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.