I done good thing, George!!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MOS95B, Mar 28, 2007.

1. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I done a good thing, George!!

Inspired by gofficfool's design thread, I downloaded and built the SF Paper Gallery Star Destroyer. Not a bad little model for a 2 day build...

The picture quality isn't the greatest, I'm afraid. This model wqs built for a neighbor to thank him for letting put my car in his driveway during out 18 inch snowstorm. It was in his possession by the time I looked at the pics, and he loved it! Made it look even better to me to see his reaction.

I did some extra lamination to give the model some extra detail. both pieces of the hull are double prints, with the outer layer trimmed back. And the surface "plating" area were laminated onto some 80 # card stock I had laying around.

Felt good to finish a nice looking model, and give it to someone who will truely enjoy it....
  2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Quite an awesome model! I would not have known where to stop, I kinda feel like laminating every single detail on this one...probly be my demise...
  3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Very good looking build! But your bench is way too neat! :wink:
  4. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Great Build!

Clean Buidl!! I Like It! I Like It!!

"Hey George? Am I gonna Get to Feed the Rabbits?"

"Yes! Now just keep looking across the river Lenny!"
  5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

The good deed of the day indeed!!
  6. I think you used the force:twisted:
    Cheers, Billy
  7. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

An excellent build.. Your neighbor should be quite pleased..

And speaking of workbenches, anyone who wants to send me a picture of their working area, I'll post the pictures here .. Give a name and location, and anything else you want to add, along with the picture..

Send them to..

And if this post dosen't belong here, feel free to move or delete...
  8. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

nice build of a cute little model

well done

9. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Heh, I've built seven of 'em. :twisted:

hey, can someone post a link to the Surak? I saved all of the pages to my hard-drive, but somehow I forgot or accidentally deleted one.
  10. panzer

panzer Member

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/, under "Paper Craft", click on "Gallery".
  11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Truly nice, neighborly things that both of you did!8)
    The world would be a much better place if everyone did things like this!
    This world needs a lot more people like you, MOS95B!
    A barrel full of kudos to you!:-D

Oh yeah, bee- you-tiful build too! Big thumbs up!

12. Gearz

Gearz Member

Nice crisp build MOS95B..Excellent work! Its waaay better than the sorry mess I made of it!.
  13. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Here's a tip for the next one: instead of folding up the engines as-is, cut off the ribbed section off the end of each of the big engines, cut off a segment, then glue it together. After assembling the remaining part of the engine, edge-dlue it to the engine, but backwards. this will end up making it look a lot more like the studio model's engines.
  14. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but I did notice a fit issue with the engine bell parts. Also, the "plates" the big engine bells fit to could use some paint. Should I build it again (I've been thinking of a scaled down version), I would copy the details that get covered by the plates onto them, and try your suggestions (I'm sure they'd make more sense to me if I were looking at the model)