I claims this planet in the name of Mars!

BazookaJo

I claim this planet in the name of Mars!

Hi

Just thought I'd tease any Marvin fans with a few shots of the first complete build of my first my first paper model (before I take a short break for the sake of my sanity :razz:)

Just need to do a little tidying up, and to add a little extra detail on the 'pointy' hand, but not too far away now.

Based on a resin model I've seen on the net, I've got to say I'm pretty happy with it even though it will certainly lack the build quality/accuracy you pros are used to.

It's rough and ready, but hopefully true Marvin fans will be a little forgiving - it is 16" after all :twisted:

Regards

Joe.

P.S. Regards to the WebDude

PaperMarv1.jpg

PaperMarv2.jpg

PaperMarv3.jpg

Alcides

BazookaJo said:
Hi

Based on a resin model I've seen on the net, I've got to say I'm pretty happy with it even though it will certainly lack the build quality/accuracy you pros are used to.

All the pro where beginners at some time :roll: .

I think the model looks very good !!! :grin:

I WANT ONE!!!

Regards
Alcides

Ashrunner

Very nice Joe! And an excellent choice for a first model. Anymore more characters visible on the horizon?

I'm sure there is already a line forming behind me for this one. 8v)

(Dang...Alcides snuck in front of me...hehe)

Bowdenja

Yeah me too!.............. I've got some plutonium 238 hangng around here somewhere.................

BazookaJo

Hi guys

Glad it meets with your approval:-D .

Anymore more characters visible on the horizon?

Maybe if I was as good as the Webdude I'd have a go at a few other Looney Tunes characters, but at the moment I think they'd be a bit out of my league, plus I have a few other things I'd like to have a crack at. I just hope they don't take me as long as Marvin's taking.

...does it come with the rackandpinion molecule?

Sadly not, but I'm tempted to do an alternative hand for the "pointy finger", say one holding the old reliable A1-Distintegrating Pistol:twisted: .

Gil

Absolute Zero Cool!

Nice, very nice, with this we can begin the World Domination Plan...,

-Gil

goney3

That is AWESOME! :-D ... I'd love to send one of these to my dad, he'd really get a kick out of it! Thanks BazookaJo, what a great build! Those pictures turned out great and the "pose" is classic!

Stev0

BazookaJo said:
Sadly not, but I'm tempted to do an alternative hand for the "pointy finger", say one holding the old reliable A1-Distintegrating Pistol:twisted: .

LoL that would be rather funny. Something very campy.

acmetime2.jpg

cjd

Truly excellent model of one of the best cartoon characters around. My Dad would love this as well. Thanks BazookaJo
Chris

One of my favorite cartoon characters!!!Any chance we can talk you into making your design available? In any case, thanks for sharing your project.

Cheers --- Larry

Alcides

BazookaJo said:
I just hope they don't take me as long as Marvin's taking.

Hey Bazzoka, what about the process desing? I remember your post asking for help. What do you end using? Pepakura? I think some comments can be interesting.

BazookaJo said:
I'm tempted to do an alternative hand for the "pointy finger", say one holding the old reliable A1-Distintegrating Pistol .

This can be really great!!!

Ashrunner said:
(Dang...Alcides snuck in front of me...hehe)

Well, After 166 posts I beat you one time !!! :twisted:

jleslie48

wow, you've really captured that chuck jones look, with the fingers, etc...

can't wait to see the parts.

Sincerely,
jon

S

sdk2knbk

My favorite Looney Toon character! Gimme gimme gimme!! er, I mean, may I have one too, please? And this is your first design? Yikes!

Scott K.