I claims this planet in the name of Mars!

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by BazookaJo, Oct 9, 2006.

1. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

I claim this planet in the name of Mars!

Just thought I'd tease any Marvin fans with a few shots of the first complete build of my first my first paper model (before I take a short break for the sake of my sanity :razz:)

Just need to do a little tidying up, and to add a little extra detail on the 'pointy' hand, but not too far away now.

Based on a resin model I've seen on the net, I've got to say I'm pretty happy with it even though it will certainly lack the build quality/accuracy you pros are used to.

It's rough and ready, but hopefully true Marvin fans will be a little forgiving - it is 16" after all :twisted:

P.S. Regards to the WebDude

2. Alcides

Alcides Member

All the pro where beginners at some time :roll: .

I think the model looks very good !!! :grin:

I WANT ONE!!!

3. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Very nice Joe! And an excellent choice for a first model. Anymore more characters visible on the horizon?

I'm sure there is already a line forming behind me for this one. 8v)

(Dang...Alcides snuck in front of me...hehe)
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yeah me too!.............. I've got some plutonium 238 hangng around here somewhere.................
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I'm in line also! Great job BazookaJoe!

I still love all those toons!

6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Oh man I love it!!!

...does it come with the rackandpinion molecule?
  7. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Hi guys

Glad it meets with your approval:-D .

Maybe if I was as good as the Webdude I'd have a go at a few other Looney Tunes characters, but at the moment I think they'd be a bit out of my league, plus I have a few other things I'd like to have a crack at. I just hope they don't take me as long as Marvin's taking.

Sadly not, but I'm tempted to do an alternative hand for the "pointy finger", say one holding the old reliable A1-Distintegrating Pistol:twisted: .
  8. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

It's GREAT!!!!! Fantastic work!!
    When can I get one???:grin:
  9. Gil

Gil Active Member

Absolute Zero Cool!

Nice, very nice, with this we can begin the World Domination Plan...,

10. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Now that is a model to behold! One of the best characters around. Good job.:grin:
  11. goney3

goney3 Member

That is AWESOME! :-D ... I'd love to send one of these to my dad, he'd really get a kick out of it! Thanks BazookaJo, what a great build! Those pictures turned out great and the "pose" is classic!
  12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

LoL that would be rather funny. Something very campy.

13. cjd

cjd Member

Truly excellent model of one of the best cartoon characters around. My Dad would love this as well. Thanks BazookaJo
  14. Rev

Rev Member

count me in

Where did this model come from? Did you create this model, BazookaJo?

15. One of my favorite cartoon characters!!!Any chance we can talk you into making your design available? In any case, thanks for sharing your project.

Cheers --- Larry
  16. Alcides

Alcides Member

Hey Bazzoka, what about the process desing? I remember your post asking for help. What do you end using? Pepakura? I think some comments can be interesting.

This can be really great!!!

Well, After 166 posts I beat you one time !!! :twisted:
  17. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Superb job, Joe!
    Will this one be available for release to the rest of us undeserving earth beings?:)
  18. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

wow, you've really captured that chuck jones look, with the fingers, etc...

can't wait to see the parts.

19. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

My favorite Looney Toon character! Gimme gimme gimme!! er, I mean, may I have one too, please? And this is your first design? Yikes!

Scott K.
  20. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member