I Challenge ALL Cardmodelers!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jul 8, 2006.

1. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Maybe you could donate you design to Nobi as a kind if thank you for his great models and then he could include it with his model? just a thought otherwise the partsbin idea is pretty good. Well done on all you models guys.
  2. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

my base is roughly 10x10 inch, and that seems fine for a ww2 fighter plane, gives a bit of context to the model but the focus stays with the plane. to me it looks best if the whole model fits on the base with a bit of margin everywhere...
    so that the whole thing looks compact and focused, but not cramped...

if you want to go for something bigger you might want to try a modular approach... having different sections that can be combined to produce a bigger scene could be fun. also in the case of a more unnatural underground (such as a flightdeck) the idea becomes tempting (to me at least )to draw it on the computer and print it out

Good idea! I'll contact him to see what he likes best,

I do like the idea though of other people producing independant add ons or conversions for existing models... much like resin & photoetched parts in the plastic model world...
  3. rowiac

rowiac Member

What are you talking about, your Epson tractor looks great! And at half scale too! I also noticed you built the detailed version of wheels.

Your other models look great too. These Epson and Yamaha models are fun to build aren't they? The parts fit well and the graphics are really good.

4. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Meet Hans ;-)

It's not official yet, but here is the model I'm building right now :grin:

Attached Files:

5. clarklfarris

clarklfarris Member

I have a few models that I can post. Question is how do I "embed" the picture in the message as I have seen done in this thread?

6. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I don't know how Michael(Shoki2000) did the above pic but if you create your own gallery and upload some pics there will be a couple of links below the pics that you can copy and paste into this thread.
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

You can attach multiple pictures............ there is a limit. If you attach ONLY 1 picture per post it will show in the thread.

Click the "Manage Attachments" button under the "Additional Options" menu bar and it will show you the size limits of the picture files.

If you re-size your picture to as close as 640 x 480 as you can get it will make the post fit the viewing screen.......... any larger than that will cause the post to expand past the size of the screen and you have to use the scroll buttons to see the entire post...........

Michael............... no meatballs??!!
  8. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I usually do not stray from my favorite subjects (you meant Hinomarus of course :grin: ), but...

We've been discussing another subject when I saw color scheme of this sharkmouthed Bf-109. My very innocent comment that it would look really good in paper somehow turned into commitment of doing the test build.
    Since I said A, B had to follow.
    Model will have to wait for the tail section - it's complete but waiting for modified tail wheel assembly which has to be inserted before everything is glued together. Canopy is another matter - I really have to learn how to heatform such things or I need to get a Gomix canopy for the 109D.....
  9. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Hans looks very patient...I guess I will be too!
    Love your work! Thanks again.

alang, I agree with rowiac 100%. This is the main reason I started this thread.
    Too many people here are way too critical of themselves.
    Every time I read a post that claims " I did'nt want to post this", I see the picture and ask myself "why?".
    So it looks exactly like the pic on the website you got it from, THAT MEANS YOU DID REALLY WELL!!!

I would NOT care if someone posted a pic of a build that they completely botched. We all have scrapped attempts. That would prove, at least, that we DO make mistakes. I can understand the intimidation level some may feel here because I don't remember seeing any model here that was botched...except my own...SEE?...I got it too!
  10. mOONwOKA

mOONwOKA Member

Ok, here i go:

This is Ambrose lightship, a free model from Digital navy in 1:250. It's a rather unusual scale, at least for me. More pictures are in my thread in "ship models" section.
  11. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Botched builds

You mean like these?

Scott K.

Attached Files:

12. thewoodengraver

mOONwOKA, Very nice job on that Ambrose! Thanks

sdk2knbk,EXCELLENT BOTCH JOB!!! It looks really BOTCHIN'

here is an example of one of my botches...
    notice the stabilizer is on top of the aeleron (spelling)
  13. milhistory

milhistory Member

This thread has lasted long enough for me to finish another model, so here it is: Maly Modelarz's Cutty Sark. Lots of pieces (many small), great fit, and great price, this is a wonderful first full-hull ship model.

Attached Files:

14. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

milhistory.................... POST MORE PICTURES!

Start a new thread, here in this one, I don't care (sorry Phil)............... POST MORE PICTURES! I want to see details..............

15. thewoodengraver

milhistory, I absolutely Love your Sark (drooling) Thanks!

No need to be sorry John, milhistory has met my challenge and the Sark is Cristened for her Maiden Voyage!
  16. silverw

silverw Member

just a cap!!

Hi all...

I haven't done anything...lately... so Tonite I was really BOARD!! ... and came up with this!!

What do you think of my new hat!! ... It's JUST an Idea .... so, far!!! (prototype)

... Peter and or Rick... I could REALLY use a High resoulution copy of the "Cardmodel.net" logo!!

17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That's truly awesome Bill!!!

Great Idea, I want one!

18. Texman

Texman Guest

Looks like an ideal giveaway for the convention!

19. silverw

silverw Member

Hi Russel...

And you shall have one ...

Soon as I get all the details figured out.

Hummm.. rolled paper towel for the "piping"" .. and the replaceable "sweat band"!!

Textures?... nauw.. I think I'll let people recolour and paint as they please!

..... Tomorrow!!

Tex... Ya I was sort of thinking that!! ... Especially a "PLASTIC CONVENTION" ... LOL!!
  20. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

This was a great idea Bill! I applaud your creativity!

I have always loved the cardmodels logo and you couldn't find a better place for it, than the all American baseball cap!

An excellent tribute to the best forum on the net!