I Challenge ALL Cardmodelers!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jul 8, 2006.

1. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Current project is MissyMouse's avatar. Already patterned out and when I stock up on ink later this week I'll print out the 34 pages of parts.
    Yeah, I said 34 pages.:twisted:
  2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Bore us??? where did you get that silly Idea? You are one of MY favorite designers and you make the BEST medieval Cardmodels. What do you say folks? Does it count if she does NOT post it here? I would say yes! Great model Sheila! Thanx!

Webdude, I hope miss mouse appreciates what she is getting!!!
    And speaking of favorite designers...need I say more?
    Can't wait...
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I don't think you could bore us if you tried!!!

I think all your models are wonderful and more pics would be great!

4. tino

tino Member

Hi to all,
    After a long time without making any posts here i want to return and show to you two pictures of my current build. The Halinski bf 109 E4/N.
    The pictures were taken with a mobile phone.

Attached Files:

5. thewoodengraver

Though I cannot see it well, I CAN see it, and it is GOOD!
    Now THATS creative thinking, using your phone to shoot a pic.
    Great job!

I have been trying to figure out how to use my scanner, with a combination of different mirrors, to "Photograph" my tiny models...actually, all I need are the mirrors...
  6. Willja67

Willja67 Member

34 pages!? Is it going to be 5 feet tall?
  7. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

0.5 Meter, actually.:-D
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

A foot and a half.............. let me guess............. she wanted it to pose beside here original G.I. Joe!

It should look very unique!

9. rowiac

rowiac Member

What's behind the cat...

OK, here's a better view. PModel A-4F Skyhawk redone as Marines VMA-211 "Wake Island Avengers" (Vietnam 1969) and scaled up to 1:33. I made this for a vet buddy of mine who supported these planes.

Attached Files:

10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Really sharp looking model Roger!

You did an excellent job!

11. thewoodengraver

That is so beautiful Thank you for updating (although you really did'nt have to) but I'm glad you did! You did an awesome job but I could'nt really see that before.
    I am SO LUCKY to be a part of a group full of so many INCREDIBLY TALENTED people!!!
  12. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

good thread as i usually tend to not post my models as they're never as good as i would like them to be, but here's one of my latest builds nobi's fantastic ki 27 in 1/48 scale. the weathering was painted on with silver accrillic paint, and the model features a heat formed canopy and an interior of my own design.

13. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Great model lunarhighway! The weathering looks fantastic!

What is the plane in the bottom picture setting on?

rowiac.............. I love the scooter! Good job. I've got both p-models and now I think I'll scale them up since they turned out so great.

14. thewoodengraver

I see no indicators of why you would not be happy with any of your builds unless you are aspiring to be God...(people here are way too critical with themselves).
    Excellent post! Could you give a shot of your designed interior?
  15. Richard

Richard Member

not my last build.

this isn't my last model but had lots of fun building it. Had to add cardboard to about 75% of the parts to give it a bit of strength.
    It's a STG-44 (sturmgewehr/assault-rifle) in 1/1 scale from http://colt1911.gateau.jp/neozoh/index.html and has been a freebee for only about a week or so.

Attached Files:

16. thewoodengraver

No fair posting pics of your home protection and trying to pass it off as a...
    I will be Damned!, that IS a Card Model! lol
    Great job! Thanks!!
    And Double Thanks for the link as well!!!
  17. alang

alang Member

From the last few weeks...

Epson transporter tractor. After seeing Roger's superb version, I am a bit reluctant to show my attempt, but here it is anyway. This is 50% original scale, i.e. 1:48.

Owl, also from Epson. A simple fun build as a change from the tractor. Also at 50%.

The latest version of the YZR-M1 motorcycle from Yamaha. Finished just last night. 50% scale, approx 1:14.

AA minivan from Ichyama's Paper Cards. A big dose of nostalgia for the 60s. Made full-size (!), 1:30 scale.

Attached Files:

18. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

thanx for the nice commens, i'll try to post some more of my builds in the future :)

the model sits on a small card diorama base, usually the home of a 1/48 plastic spitfire, it's a card base, with paper contours added, and railroad sawdust "grass" glued on top, together with some light chunks of concrete i found. everything's painted with shades of brown and brybrushed and a bit of plant root makes an exelent bare tree.
    it was placed on the roof of my car to take the picture, elevating the model so that the horison of the base matches the real one, can give a very realistic effect sometimes, i've even seen pictures like that taken on an airport, where the model plane seems to be parked in front of some real planes.

here are some pictures of the interior... very bad ones though, i didn't have access to a decent camera at the time,and now the interior is almost impossible to photograph through the windshield

because i couldn't find a reference on this plane the interior is rather generic, but based on what's usually seen on other japanese planes of the period.
    since nobi's model looked so nice i knew id build it more than once, i chose to design the interior as a small model so i could use it again as well. if i could make someone happy with it i'll add it to the partsbin of course. if you approach it like a scratchbuild, rather than a real model it's quite fun to work with and it has a few exterior parts i used to enhance the model further as well
  19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Great models alang..............I love the Yamaha!

lunarhighway........... Very cool, I recently got interested in bases for models and I'm currently working on some......... right now a Nimitz Carrier Deck.........

Not to hijack............. but what do you think about a base for 1/48 scale that is 8 x 10 inches ....... is this big enough?

And what do you think about gluing together multiple 8 x 10 sheets to make a large scene?

Phil............ this thread is become a learning experience for all!

20. thewoodengraver

I...um...well.......I'm running out of words! GAWD! You people are SO DAMN TALENTED!!!!!!!!

alang, I am very impressed with your builds. I am very happy to see great attention to details! Great Job!!

lunarhighway, Thank you for your additional post. I am happy to know you have been convinced to post more pics. We can't wait! Great job on that cockpit regardless of the quality of pic.