I Challenge ALL Cardmodelers!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool! Man I love this thread!

Hey where is Sponge Bob!?........... or at least his pineapple

Love the Trotskiy models............ downloaded as many as I can, but haven't put one together.......... hmmm.........

2. EricGoedkoop

EricGoedkoop Member

Fun thread.

I'm still trying to shake off modeler's block, but did manage to give Richard's 1/33 LeRhone a go:

Nice little kit. Thanks again for these, Richard!
  3. ulious

ulious Member

Hey Steve when are you going to release this jewel, that would complete my sons neighborhood.
  4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Very fun thread, thank you all...so far.

hpept, Yes, you may see something smoking on the horizon ( one of em anyway)...but it is no choo choo! Nice try though!

SteveM, Now Spongebob's bestest buddy has a home! :)
    Thanks for that.

sdk2knbk, Awesome Mosquito, Thanks!

EricGoedkoop, WOW, that is really cool!

Sorry All if my replies seem a little generic, I anticipated many posts and I am trying REALLY hard not to put one model in front of any others, ALL posts thus far have been EXCELLENT!!!

My contribution is 1/3 finished!!! The two hardest of the six are done. No, I will not give a sneak preview, that will reveal my TWIST. I assure you, it will be worth the wait...
  5. Texman

Texman Guest

My contribution

Here is my contribution to the challenge, now posted in my gallery. It is a 1/144 Grushin Tandem,
    by Roman Vasyliev (Kampfflieger)

Attached Files:

6. thewoodengraver

I've been waiting (paitiently) for you Texman, hoping you would amaze us...
    YOU DID!!! That 'lil gem is Incredible!!!
    How's THAT for a "generic" response?

My estimate of which models are the hardest (for me) was slightly inaccurate. I am now working on the third hardest of the six. The rest are easy.
  7. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

PzKw VI Tiger II. available soon. i just thought i would share the beta. i really like the models displayed in this thread. especially lizzie's. great representation of imagination coming to fruition. cheers, c.b.

Attached Files:

8. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Wow thats great, did you just resize it? I would like to have a crack at building that.
  9. thewoodengraver

nebeltex, Great Tiger tank! Thanx!

Update on my entry;
    the "third hardest" turns out to be the "Hardest". I scrapped the first try and decided to move on and save it for last. Just finished model number three so I'm half way done!
  10. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Your craftsmanship amazes me Texman. Usually such small models are identifiable by the thick edges and other flaws but I don't see any. You could have posted it without the size reference and we would have thought it was a pretty good model anyway.
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Texman..........MAN! I could not build this thing in it's original scale...... I had glue everywher, cramped fingers, and fowl expressions coming out my mouth!

Are you trying to save paper? No kidding you always amaze me with your tiny perfect builds............Great job AGAIN!

Cool Tank nebeltex!

Boy I forgot how good all you guys really are!

TWE............. tug boat and bardges?

12. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Target Drone and Missle Dolly

Here is my submission.
    A very big Thank You to Ed Bertschy for this wonderful model.
    I made it a little harder on myself by using 110lb Paper for the whole thing.
    Still, it was a very enjoyable build! So much so, that I have decided to build it again, but this time I plan on using 67lb index for the missle dolly.
    I also plan to build the truck to pull it, which is also available on Ed's site.
    Here is the link for anyone who might be interested.

He also has other models available, like the Phoenix Aircraft, steam engine, a cello and more.

Attached Files:

13. thewoodengraver

Amazyah, Excellent missle and dolly! Sure would like to see it with the truck when you're done!
    Ed has some fine models. Thanks!

Bowdenja, Nope. But close!

My progress; 5/6 done! I've saved the hardest model for last, I already scrapped it once...will have a go at it in the morning.
  14. Texman

Texman Guest

@GT - Yes, I simply resized it in Photoshop. There are actually several steps
    involved, because each kit/designer/manufacturer has some subtle differences
    in the way their kits print, so there is no accurate "one step" resizing method.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. But there are still many others who
    deserve the kindest words more than I. Can't seem to remember his name....uhh, Mikey, Mickey, ...oh yeah, Michik!!! Now that's good!

Have a pleasant building day

15. Texman

Texman Guest

TWE - Naval strike group?
  16. silverw

silverw Member

TWE's Project

I sure hope it is a Case traction steam engine (serial #33043)[1]..

...driving a trashing machine[2]....

... with a wagon load of shieves[3]...

... complete with the team of horses[4 & 5], and the "straw boss"[6]

But, if that isn't right...at least I gave it my best shot!!!
  17. Texman

Texman Guest

Quite imaginative there Bill!!
  18. Here's another one

Hello guys,
    Here's a model I've build sometime ago,
    It's the Sagrada Familia cathedral from Barcelona
    The architect, Gaudi, started building the thing in 1877, and they're half-way now, so it should look like this in another 200 years
    Great thread this!!

Cheers, Billy

Attached Files:

19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

WoW! Again!

That's a beauty! How big is it?

TWE....... tug and barges was close and not a train........ hmmmmm what about those semi-truck things in Australia?

I would love to see those farm pieces done too! Bill didn't you do an old tractor?........... If I'm remembering correctly I for one would love to see another picture of it.
  20. thewoodengraver

Texman, nope.

Silverw, nope,nope,nope,nope,nope, and nope! But I liked your pictorail and your imagination.

Billy Leliveld, that's a beautiful Cathedral! Thanks!

Bowdenja, nope.

Progress; well, as soon as my coffee is done brewin' I am going to start working on that Sixth Little....SOMETHING...(he he) and will try to have it by the end of today!!!