I Challenge ALL Cardmodelers!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jul 8, 2006.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Thanx hpept! I recognized that tiny train as a Ray Morris creation before I read your link, I bought one of his CD's awhile back, that one's the Evening Star? Nice scratchbuilt Bridge!

Thanx dolphinops for that X-Wing! May the Force be with you! Love to see more on this one.

Bowdenja, cbg, Great models!
  2. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Model Challenge

I just finished these two models by Schreiber-Bogen. These are models of two of the most picturesque structures in Rothenburg, Germany.

3. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Way big pix

I need to learn to post smaller pictures.
  4. popala

popala Member

Just finished

Here is a Halinski Hurricane I just finished.
    I posted more pictures in a separate thread

5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Challenge accepted.
    The Concorde versions 1 and 2 are coming their way.
  6. thewoodengraver

Cardmodeler, what buildings are those? Very nice! Thanks!
    popala, excellent Hawker! Thanks!
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Kevin G............. I was totally lost about your post until I went to the site listed and looked at the pictures............ OMG that is the funnest thing I have ever seen............:grin: I'm still laughing! When I rolled down to the picture after the one just showing the books............dang near fell out of my chair!:grin:

carmodeler........... just a hint.... I always re-size my images to 640 x 480, or something very close to that. If you do that they will fit rather nicely in the post. I had to re-upload the image of Nobi's Thunderceptor after I resized it. It fit better after that. You can edit your post, upload the re-sized picture and it will change them if you would like to try it out. I use Photoshop to edit my pictures.

Still laughing about the Me-262 post on the other site!

TWE I'm really really glad you started this!

8. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Pic resizing, etc.

John--Thanks much for the tip on resizing those pics. That's much better!

Phil--The first building is a blacksmith's shop, and the second is a tower which is part of the wall that encircles the "old town" of Rothenburg.

9. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I'm quite pleased with this model. It's based on a flyingfish. Awhile ago many of you helped me out with the design and features of a surface-effect-craft. After that I looked over pictures of flyingfish and noticed that the pectoral and pelvic fins seem to form singling flying surface that is roughly reverse delta(the usual design of ground-effect-crafts) in shape. Flying fish also have a very long lower lob on the tail which they use to push themselves off the water. I've been thinking of putting either a propulsion device or a hydrofoil wing on the end of the skeg so that it would be a sort of hybred hydrofoil-WIG. This might solve some of the problems with stability of height from surface. Anyway this is fun and working with bright red is a nice change from the black-and-white orca look.
    This craft doesn't have it's skin yet or the back wings. Actually, the back wings are stuck on the front. I'm going to make bigger front wings.

Attached Files:

10. thewoodengraver

Thanks Tony,
    While I like both those models, the Blacksmith shop is my favorite!

Regarding lizzienewell, watch this girl ! She'll amaze you!!!
    Great job Lizzie!!
  11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Lizzi ... where are you getting these models???

If they are yours ... do you have a website of concept drawings or scematics?

I really like the concept. It reminds me of Disney's 'Atlantis' somewhat.
  12. hpept

hpept Member

Steve0... now you have to change your signature :grin:
  13. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

They are my own design. Most of my concept drawings are rough. I do the pencil in the sketchbook or napkin thing when I have an idea.

I write science-fiction and these models are of things in my stories. The Orca version is the style flown by Clan Komoko as they patrol their territorial waters. The pilot of the craft is Peggy Komoko, the protagonist of one of my novels.
    The story for the flyingfish model didn't work out. I hope I can come up with another one that uses it.
  14. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Ok, here's my very latest. From the "infinite" Prodigous Pile of Pre Printed Projects (I print too many ahead of time, no wonder I'm always out of ink). Trotskiy's Westland Wyvern.

Scott K.

Attached Files:

15. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Here's another one I will try to finish in the next few weeks. It is Ralph Currell's Link trainer. A fun build, so far. :grin:

16. thewoodengraver

I Crave the Creativity and Craftsmanship in your Cardmodel Concoction!
    Good job!
    nice job so-far with that trainer!

I have finally decided which kit I am going to build for this thread. I will not tell you which one, but it is a kit from Micromodels/Modelcraft. This time it will be the entire kit, not just one part (my M.O.). Plus, I am putting my own special TWIST on it! I am sure someone will like it!
  17. thewoodengraver

The kit from Micromodels I mentioned has six parts, actually, six different models. The first model is finished! (the second-hardest), now on to number two (the HARDEST!)...wish me luck PLEEEEEZE !
  18. hpept

hpept Member

i see something smoking arriving at the horizon,,, choooo choooo :grin:
  19. SteveM

SteveM Member

Patrick Star's House

Attached Files:

• rock.JPG
      File size:
      55.5 KB
  20. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Another Trotskiy from the Prodigous Pile. The DeHavilland Mosquito.
    Steve, nice rock. Soon to be posted? (My kids hope)
    Scott K.

Attached Files: