I Challenge ALL Cardmodelers!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jul 8, 2006.

1. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

2. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Wow great job on that submarine, looks a million times better then the one in the book that the patterns come from, well done. Its a shame that you won't be able to offer your version.
  3. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Tiny Challenge

Count me in! Now I just need to select a model. Hmmmmmmm.
  4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

COOL thanx for your support!!!
    I'm going to do it as soon as I figure out which model I want to build for my opening presentation...I want it to be most incredible...I want it to make you and Texman ( and many others) proud!
    Yes indeed, I want to be sued for causing so many jaws to bruise!!!
    I will do my best to pick a real Humdinger..(is that even a word anymore?).
  5. Joe York

Joe York New Member

I just finished this in time. It's a Steam Traction Engine.

Attached Files:

6. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Is it a word?

Well, I knew what you meant, so it must be. Either that or we've both been around a long time :) .

I sat down and searched through my collection of downloaded models and came up with four candidates for the Tiny Challenge, so I plan on having the second post :grin:. And remember, it will be amazing just because you made it so small. And I'm already proud of you just for stirring up so much interest on this forum, and for the great little castle I get to build now.

Now, where are those little scissors.......
  7. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Where did you get this model from? I have only ever seen one paper steam engine and it was a black and white steam traction engine, I have never seen a showmans engine. It looks very nice, well done on the building as well.
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

New thread for the Tiny challenge? :)
  9. thewoodengraver

The man even knows EXACTLY which tool to use for tiny...Tiny Scissors!

Yes Chris, an entirely new thread for the tiny challenge. I take it you are interested too?

Joe York,
    That's incredible thanx...and WELCOME to the forum!!!
  10. thewoodengraver

Last Day

The challenge ends at midnight tonight (California time). After then I will start working on the webpage where these pics will be showcased.
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Count me in on the new Challange.............tiny
  12. thewoodengraver

Thanx John!!!

It,s OFFICIAL! The "Tiny Challenge" will begin soon.
    First I have to build the webpage for this challenge, then I must select and build this micro-masterpiece, then I will post the thread.

But before I can do any of this, I have to go into town (10 miles in, 10 miles back) to go shopping etc. This will take most of today. My wife and I travel by bicycle. She has a Bykaboose and I have a Burley Flatbed (bicycletrailers.com)

13. Joe York

Joe York New Member

I got the steam tractor from PMI in Oregon. But I see it's no longer on their web site and I've never seen it anywhere else. It's a laser repreint and I just intended to clean it up a little bit and got carried away and recolored almost all the pieces.
  14. speedless

speedless Member

This is the Prudetziato`s Dr-1,scaled up 3X.

I was babysitting and got bored (kids at sleep)
    Downloaded the Dr-1,converting to psp-file,enlarging and printing out.
    Now i have a promblem,being at my sisters house,i need my tools!
    OK,making a raid through the kids room and my sisters "toolbox",
    i found these objects.
    Ruler,plastick hobby knife,siccors,bottle of "scool-glue" and a nailcleaner
    for scoring.
    You can make paperwork any place,time.Just a matter of imagination!
    Had a nice weekend.

Attached Files:

15. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

LOL!!! I built that very same model on a trip to someones house when I was bored and did the very same thing; scavenged around for tools to build it.

I didn't scale it up though.
  16. speedless

speedless Member

Just have to say;i took the glue and the nailcleaner with me.
    This glue is absolutly the best i tryed,its like white glue but most faster curing,dryes up invincebel .(i use it to laquer laserprints to awoid cracking)
    The nailcleaner is also the best scoring-device i´ve tryed!
    Use your imagination when coming to tools,everything goes!
    Here´s my circle-cutter

Attached Files:

17. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

I'm not sure about the new Tiny Challenge (I'm challenged enough by larger parts!), but here's my very latest for this one before it ends. An incomplete developmental build of HMS Agincourt, WWI British superdreadnought. I know the deck lines are too wide and far apart, that was just a quick way to give a bit of texture to the b&w model.

Scott K.

Attached Files:

18. goney3

goney3 Member

Here is my entry of my first model design ever. :)
  19. thewoodengraver

Very nice! That might even qualify for the new Tiny Challenge.
    Great Job neighbor!!!
  20. thewoodengraver

This Challenge has been satisfied!!! Thank you all who posted here!!! 70 members posted approximately 200 pics!!!

Give me a few days to upload all the images. When it is finished I will post a link here, maybe start a new thread to announce it and maybe have the link on my signature for awhile.

This thread has been incredible!