I Challenge ALL Cardmodelers!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Jul 8, 2006.

1. David H

David H Member

Free Flight, mainly stick and tissue.

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Glad you liked it............lets just say it has been fun trying to get everything lined up on it:grin: Here's the real one.

My Photoshop attempt pales in comparison.

Attached Files:

3. ShaunGamer

ShaunGamer Member

Here is my next project. A winter scheme SU-122, with a Preisser 1/72 USSR tank crew.

Attached Files:

4. Dave Treby

Dave Treby Member

Inspired by all these pictures here are two of mine. Papershipwright's Melik and Hamburg's Victoria Augusta. Not the best pictures but my wife's got the camera. I'll try again later
    Dave Treby

Attached Files:

5. barry

barry Active Member

Ship pics

Hi Dave

You can't stop there can we have some more please.

6. GT5500

GT5500 Member

I didn't realise you lived so close to me (relatively speaking anyway)
  7. Dave Treby

Dave Treby Member

I'm glad you liked them.One more to be going on with. Heritage models Rose theatre

Attached Files:

8. clarklfarris

clarklfarris Member

Thanks guys. Appreciate the praise. I am afraid I did not do Mr. Currell's model justice, but still, I had a good time doing it. I also have the mooring mast but have not had a chance to build it yet. The model has a great history included in the instructions. This airship would have had an open air observation deck. Can you imagine?

And thanks for the info on embedding pictures. Unfortunately I did not size my pictures, just downloaded them from my camera. To me at least it is just as easy to post the links.

And to all of you, excellent work. I love looking at the different subjects and how well everyone does. It inspires me to do more.

Thanks again,
  9. The clock is ticking and though I first put knife to paper only a week ago, I feel compelled to participate in this great thread, and probably make a fool of myself in the process. I have no great models like the rest of you have to display so I'm going with the quantity route, posting a composite of 4 photos showing my total production...well, I'm not going to show you the parts that went in the garbage. Anyways, here it is:

1) Steven Marshall's Brick Boy just has to be built, particularly since it looks just like me.

2) I've started cutting parts for an Eindecker. This photo show the frame. No glue has been applied at this point which is why the parts aren't well-aligned.....honest.

3) Woodengraver's blow rockets are a ball. My daughter and I have been shooting them all around the house. Mine is the worse for wear but here it is.

4) I still haven't installed the rocker arms and rods but here's a poor rendition of Richard's great Oberusel model.

I hope I've done the right thing to attach the photo :)

Cheers --- Larry

Attached Files:

10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

looking great everyone!

Larry - brickboy is the spitting image! :p looking forward to a build thread on that eindecker :)

Dave - how about some more picks of that ship in the diorama? Those are some fine looking builds :)
  11. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Dave Treby,
    Fabulous models...ALL of them...you really must show more...not necessarily here!!! and WELCOME to the forum!

Larry Marshall,
    Do not be so quick to dismiss your work as making a fool out of yourself. It looks to me like you know what you are doing and your models are all wonderful! Thanks for sharing them with us!
  12. Yep, me too. I'm waiting for Russell before proceeding too far with that one and just trying, right now, to improve my joinery by doing some simple models. That's why I just bought the ModelArt OV-10 last night :)

Cheers --- Larry
  13. You bet, Phil. Always show tiny photos of your work :)

Thanks for the kind words. I'm having a ball.

Cheers --- Larry
  14. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

15. It's not the best picture ever, but you get the general idea..
    The Meta-model XB 70,without the landing gear, but who's complaining?
    Cheers, Billy

Attached Files:

16. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Now you're hooked....

Hey Wolfshead57. My wife is an Usborne consultant and it's that same Wizard's castle that got me hooked on paper models too. Now I just can't seem to stop.

I just discovered this thread and have been looking through all the great pictures. Thanks to all who have shared their photos. I'll collect up all the models I've finished in the last couple months and send a picture.

Woodengraver, thanks for starting this thread - I love it.
  17. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Here's my contribution

Okay gang, here's what I've completed in the last two or three months.
    Kancho's LA-5 (way over to the right) just got finished tonight, and since
    I already had them printed I whipped up the Atom Storage box from Ludwig
    von Drake, and the little gift box from the Pepakura samples (I think).

The yellow airplane is a crop duster model I'm developing as a result of
    a post by Geedubbya a month or so ago. This is my first beta build - just
    finished a couple days ago. This is my very first development and I'm quite
    pleased with it so far. I need to rework the propeller and wheels,
    but building the LA-5 showed me how I'll tackle them.

Down in front are two of the little tiny one's from Fiddlers Green, and Gearz teeny tiny Viper.
    I've built two or three of each and given them away, these are just the ones I kept for myself.

The race car I made for my son (age 5) to practice non-attachment. I'm amazed it hasn't been destroyed yet.

Here's a close-up of the little guys. I also made one of the F7U Cutlass,
    but it had a run-in with a five year old and some water and didn't survive :( .
    At least it wasn't my son for a change :)

18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

very nice builds! Really good job on that plane - how about some closeups of your beta build in a gallery?
  19. This is truly an amazing thread and great models continue to pop up here. As a newbie to this I'm completely amazed at the broad modeling interests of card modelers. It's truly refreshing to see people enjoying the act of modeling as much as recreating some particular type of model. Never in my life have I been interested in building a cat, bird, sci fi model....until now. Thanks so much to all for your inspiration.

Cheers --- Larry
  20. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Great models! LOVE the backdrop!

Billy Leliveld,
    Great model! LOVE your backdrop too!

NICE! I love little mini-galleries!

Which brings me to my NEXT idea,
    A new thread, with a new challenge! ("I challenge all cardmodelers" will remain open).

TINY Challenge!!!

The new challenge will be a rescale challenge where I will ask that you re-scale any model of your choosing, down to?...gee I don't know... maybe 50% or less. A ruler must be included to prove the scale. The quality of the pic will not matter because I realize how difficult it is to take Macro pics.

The purpose of this challenge, besides fun, will be for us to practice fiddling with tiny parts. This practice will ready us all for that Dragon Wagon, or USS Constitution model etc. that some of us have been eyeballing for way too long now.

What do you think???